An Old School Catholic Message Board

DSMME on Oprah --- Again!

vee

from facebook

A Special Episode of “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” will feature the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist! Tune in on Saturday, October 17th, Time TBD.12106917_1006262622771124_13163474275546

dominicansoul

Where are they now?  Um...let me guess....living their religious life as usual for the last few years since being on oprah?

dominicansoul

I'm not too sure... I know that Sr. Mary Judith isn't shown in the photo above, but she's final professed and in Texas...so...whoever else who may not be pictured may have left?  I don't keep up with most of the new Sisters, only with those I was in the novitiate with...there have been so many come and go...

Where are they now?  Um...let me guess....living their religious life as usual for the last few years since being on oprah?

Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing! (As though it would go on to say that they all got nose jobs or something, lol.)

I watched it, and unless there is something Im missing they were the first segment of the show, about ten minutes.  There was nothing in studio it was all onsite interviews just showing how some Sisters had made final vows since, some people had joined from watching that initial episode and so forth. 

I saw the last few minutes and although Oprah kept mentioning them, It was really the last 30 seconds or so. One sister competed as a twirler, one juggled and the other an Irish dancer. 

This is the list of who still in junior profession = year 3 I believe. They will be eligible for final profession in 2018

Sr. Maria Canisius O.P., Marshalltown, IA 
Sr. Maria Veritas O.P., New York, NY 
Sr. Mary Martha O.P., Baton Rouge, LA 
Sr. Peter Joseph O.P., Waco, TX 
Sr. Peter Thomas O.P., The Woodlands, TX
Sr. Rose O.P., Frazee, MN 
Sr. Maria Karol O.P., Rolla, MO 
Sr. Marie Bernadette O.P., Maybee, MI 
Sr. Rene Noel O.P., Flagstaff, AZ

This is the list of who still in junior profession = year 3 I believe. They will be eligible for final profession in 2018

Sr. Maria Canisius O.P., Marshalltown, IA 
Sr. Maria Veritas O.P., New York, NY 
Sr. Mary Martha O.P., Baton Rouge, LA 
Sr. Peter Joseph O.P., Waco, TX 
Sr. Peter Thomas O.P., The Woodlands, TX
Sr. Rose O.P., Frazee, MN 
Sr. Maria Karol O.P., Rolla, MO 
Sr. Marie Bernadette O.P., Maybee, MI 
Sr. Rene Noel O.P., Flagstaff, AZ