An Old School Catholic Message Board

@dUSt: Can We Do Something about the Lazarusing?

Gabriela

@dUSt: Is this too trivial a concern to bother you with? It's driving a lot of people crazy. It's pushing new threads down. The phorum is getting awfully boring because of it. Is it possible to auto-lock all threads older than a year or 18 months or something old (i.e., that haven't been posted in in over a year, 18 months, whatever)?

Dust! Don't do it man!

Seek an alternative: a sub-forum dedicated to resurrected threads? We can call it the 'boneyard'! What d'ya think?

Dust! Don't do it man!

Seek an alternative: a sub-forum dedicated to resurrected threads? We can call it the 'boneyard'! What d'ya think?

I could accept this alternative, but at the rate you resurrect the dead, this would likely place a serious burden on the Mediators of Meh. If there's some way to automatically move the resurrected to the boneyard, then great. Go for it.

I could accept this alternative, but at the rate you resurrect the dead, this would likely place a serious burden on the Mediators of Meh. If there's some way to automatically move the resurrected to the boneyard, then great. Go for it.

Make me the bone-keeper: I can handle it!

AccountDeleted

I like the resurrected threads, so the boneyard would be a  good idea. I have no problem with Didacus resurrecting old threads and I wonder why it seems to bother so many people - small potatoes to be such a big concern! :coffee:

Edited by nunsense

I like the resurrected threads, so the boneyard would be a  good idea. I have no problem with Didacus resurrecting old threads and I wonder why it seems to bother so many people - small potatoes to be such a big concern! :coffee:

I am yet to be convinced of any harm in the practice of thread-archeology. 

II believe this new scientific field is as valid a science as psychology.  

veritasluxmea

idk, I find trolling annoying on phatmass. Other phorums are terrible enough to regulate trolls themselves so it doesn't bother me, but phatmass is to polite and adult. Sorry, but at this point how D deals with it, and what he posts, is within the troll boundaries, even if he doesn't intentionally mean it that way. 

Edited by veritasluxmea

Trolls have boundaries?...

:huh:

And do you mean I non-intentionally stay within them as in I am trying to surpass them?

And do you seriously think I'm a troll? I can live with that white-trash thing, but a troll?

AccountDeleted

And do you mean I non-intentionally stay within them as in I am trying to surpass them?

And do you seriously think I'm a troll? I can live with that white-trash thing, but a troll?

I think you are a victim! :P

veritasluxmea

Crossing the line into trollish behavior, not boundaries, would be a better way to phrase it. 

Yes. I consider repeating a behavior, without stating why and with no discernible reason, when enough negative attention has been given to it (eg. several threads such as should we stop/ban this, someone asking why you're attempting to discuss something with people who are no longer here and you've given no reasonable response, several direct requests to stop, me directly asking why and not getting a genuine response) is trollish.

I've heard you and I don't think you truly are a troll- but what you are doing falls within that type of behavior, especially continuing it up without giving a direct reason. That's very typical for a real troll to do, so you can see why'd you "resemble" a troll in some ways. I don't mean to accuse you of being one.

I've read between the lines and it seems to me like you're saying "I just don't see the harm in it and I like getting involved in old discussions, so I'm going to keep doing it." It sounds to me like you just don't get what all the fuss is about, so why take it seriously/change your behavior? Based on what you've said (or not said), that's what it sounds like to me. 

Edited by veritasluxmea

AccountDeleted

Crossing the line into trollish behavior, not boundaries, would be a better way to phrase it. 

Yes. I consider repeating a behavior, without stating why and with no discernible reason, when enough negative attention has been given to it (eg. several threads such as should we stop/ban this, someone asking why you're attempting to discuss something with people who are no longer here and you've given no reasonable response, several direct requests to stop, me directly asking why) is trollish.

I've heard you and I don't think you truly are a troll- but what you are doing falls within that type of behavior, especially continuing it up without giving a direct reason. That's very typical for a real troll to do, so you can see why'd you "resemble" a troll in some ways. I don't mean to accuse you of being one.

I've read between the lines and it seems to me like you're saying "I just don't see the harm in it and I like getting involved in old discussions, so I'm going to keep doing it." It sounds to me like you just don't get what all the fuss is about, so why take it seriously/change your behavior? Based on what you've said (or not said), that's what it sounds like to me. 

I certainly don't get what all the fuss is about either, so put me in the troll list with Didacus. It seems to me that it concerns some people more than others and maybe they should just chill a little. Some of us are actually enjoying the blast from the past and being stimulated to respond to things that were discussed years ago. I joined in 2007 so I like reminiscing about some of the older posters and the old threads. Maybe having a separate forum for old threads would work, but it doesn't seem fair to try to stop posting of all old threads when some of us are enjoying them!!!

:o