An Old School Catholic Message Board

@dUSt: Can We Do Something about the Lazarusing?

Gabriela

veritasluxmea

If your correction is directed at me, then you are in error. I have not resurrected any old threads. I have only stated that I have enjoyed reading the old ones that have been resurrected by others and this is purely a matter of opinion, to which I am entitled. I am certainly not 'a kid' but how incredibly offensive and arrogant for you to even post such a thing. I neither understand nor agree with you because you didn't even bother to read through this thread before responding, so you made several assumptions about me that were wrong. Bad form, trying to correct someone else while being offensive yourself. 

In A's defense, I read him as talking to Did. 

I think to continue to do something that people have expressed their annoyance with is a jerky thing to do, but I don't expect action from up top.

It would be nice if he would stop but we (myself included) will just have to deal with it if he doesn't.

@nunsense, about none of the resurrected threads I've seen have lead to an actual discussion. People are allowed to be annoyed, and Diddy is free to flout all forms of etiquette and continue to do what people find grating. Yay freedom.

Pretty much.

Well, at least it's clear people want him to stop- can't blame miscommunication. 

If your correction is directed at me, then you are in error. I have not resurrected any old threads. I have only stated that I have enjoyed reading the old ones that have been resurrected by others and this is purely a matter of opinion, to which I am entitled. I am certainly not 'a kid' but how incredibly offensive and arrogant for you to even post such a thing. I neither understand nor agree with you because you didn't even bother to read through this thread before responding, so you made several assumptions about me that were wrong. Bad form, trying to correct someone else while being offensive yourself. 

Someone's in a "mood" tonight, apparently just looking for offense.  Weves 

:idontknow:I didn't accuse you of anything, I read the entire thread, I supported resurrection of old threads on many occasions in other threads, why u so angsty?

AccountDeleted

I think to continue to do something that people have expressed their annoyance with is a jerky thing to do, but I don't expect action from up top.

It would be nice if he would stop but we (myself included) will just have to deal with it if he doesn't.

@nunsense, about none of the resurrected threads I've seen have lead to an actual discussion. People are allowed to be annoyed, and Diddy is free to flout all forms of etiquette and continue to do what people find grating. Yay freedom.

Yay freedom to you too Ice_Nine. I have no problem with moving all the old threads someplace else since they seem to be irritating for some reason to so many people. I still can't figure out for the life of me why they irritate so many people though, It's as if it were some kind of personal insult. Never mind.

I guess I am just easy going and it not only doesn't bother me, but it fascinates me to read some of the old ones. And whether or not they lead to discussions doesn't matter to me, I read them anyway. What I don't bother to read are all the endless circular debates that pass for 'discussion' in some newer threads. But this whole debate has gone on much longer than I thought humanly possible. I think I will treat it as another one of those never-ending 'discussions' that appear all over the phorum, and move on to something else.

Veritas - Anomaly quoted my post before he posted his response, so it seemed pretty directed at me.

Someone's in a "mood" tonight, apparently just looking for offense.  Weves 

:idontknow:I didn't accuse you of anything, I read the entire thread, I supported resurrection of old threads on many occasions in other threads, why u so angsty?

I'm not angry at all. Once again you are in error. I just don't think that you should be correcting people for things they didn't do or trying to suggest that their age has anything to do with the discussion. Now you are trying to engage me on a personal level. This is just more bad form. Maybe you can't help yourself. :idontknow:

Yay freedom to you too Ice_Nine. I have no problem with moving all the old threads someplace else since they seem to be irritating for some reason to so many people. I still can't figure out for the life of me why they irritate so many people though, It's as if it were some kind of personal insult. Never mind.

I guess I am just easy going and it not only doesn't bother me, but it fascinates me to read some of the old ones. And whether or not they lead to discussions doesn't matter to me, I read them anyway. What I don't bother to read are all the endless circular debates that pass for 'discussion' in some newer threads. But this whole debate has gone on much longer than I thought humanly possible. I think I will treat it as another one of those never-ending 'discussions' that appear all over the phorum, and move on to something else.

Veritas - Anomaly quoted my post before he posted his response, so it seemed pretty directed at me.

I'm not angry at all. Once again you are in error. I just don't think that you should be correcting people for things they didn't do or trying to suggest that their age has anything to do with the discussion. Now you are trying to engage me on a personal level. This is just more bad form. Maybe you can't help yourself. :idontknow:

LOL.  You wouldn't recognize bad form from a three armed hula dancer.   It wasn't a correction, other than explaining what i believe others feel is uncharitable.  It's fine if you personally don't see it's annoying to ressurect old threads, but it's reasonable to see where others may.   People can agree to disagree and comprise.   

Basilisa Marie

I mean it's nice and all that we can find threads from 10-15 years ago, but seriously, just start a new thread. Because when I look at Open Mic and see a ton of stuff started in 2003 I say, "oh, look, all these people I don't know who don't post here anymore. Look how dead we are compared to back then."

Now you are trying to engage me on a personal level. This is just more bad form. Maybe you can't help yourself. :idontknow:

I guess I am just easy going

I hardly think so. More like passive-aggressive and stubbornly refusing to recognize other people's feelings.

AccountDeleted

LOL.  You wouldn't recognize bad form from a three armed hula dancer.   It wasn't a correction, other than explaining what i believe others feel is uncharitable.  It's fine if you personally don't see it's annoying to ressurect old threads, but it's reasonable to see where others may.   People can agree to disagree and comprise.   

Your start off with an insult and then talk about others being uncharitable. I have already agreed that if others find the resurrection of old threads irritating then perhaps there is a compromise (a forum for old threads that have been resurrected) but instead of simply disagreeing and working towards a compromise, you insist on being insulting. You also tried to correct me for resurrecting old threads when I am not the one who is doing it, so you were in error and never apologized for this. Perhaps it is you who are tired after a long day? It is the middle of the afternoon here and I feel fine.If you want to keep insulting me, go right ahead, but it only demeans you.

Basilisa Marie

And as of right now, 11 out of 24 of the threads on the first page of this forum are from within the last month. The rest are necro-bumped.  Not including the stickied one at the top. 

AccountDeleted

I mean it's nice and all that we can find threads from 10-15 years ago, but seriously, just start a new thread. Because when I look at Open Mic and see a ton of stuff started in 2003 I say, "oh, look, all these people I don't know who don't post here anymore. Look how dead we are compared to back then."

I didn't quite get this post, but I think it might be funny. :) 

And as of right now, 11 out of 24 of the threads on the first page of this forum are from within the last month. The rest are necro-bumped.  Not including the stickied one at the top. 

You beat me to it. I just went to do the count myself. It's outrageous.

Basilisa Marie

I didn't quite get this post, but I think it might be funny. :) 

What I'm saying is that it's a massive reminder of when we used to be a really active, wonderful, engaging forum community. And since it seems like that's something we've been trying to recapture in the last year or so, but haven't been super successful at.  

Basically all the necro-bumping makes the current state of the forum look even worse than it might, just by the comparison.  But that's just me. 

You beat me to it. I just went to do the count myself. It's outrageous.

Haha right? I mean, a handful of cute ones or whatever, I get. But it's literally MORE THAN HALF. AND THEY'RE NONSENSE. Not fun nonsense, either. 

AccountDeleted

I hardly think so. More like passive-aggressive and stubbornly refusing to recognize other people's feelings.

Wow - now who's being aggressive-aggressive? I was only stating that I enjoy the old threads, so who is not caring about other people's feelings now? Or don't mine matter? I did state that if it offends or irritates others, then we could work out a compromise, but in the name of all that is holy, why is this whole issue such a big deal? 

In fact, I think by making it such a big deal, some of you have encouraged others to start resurrecting threads as well. don't any of you know that if you respond to teasing, it only gets worse?

And for the record, I have NOT started even one resurrected thread. I have only stated that they don't bother me, and some of them I actually enjoy! So stop being so mean to me personally. I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are. And I am not attacking you personally! So why are you doing it to me? Meanie! :P 

How many of us have invited all our RL friends onto Phatmass? I know I tell every Catholic I know about it. Some have joined, but they don't post much, cuz they're not super techy. But if we all made it our mission for the next week or month to tell everyone about it, it could possibly help revive (NOT resurrect) the phorum. If y'all think this is a good idea, we should start a thread where we can all post how many people we told about Phatmass today.

Come to think of it: How many of us pray for Phatmass? I mean, we say a lot of novenas around here, but I've never seen one for Phatmass. Why don't we?

Edited by Gabriela

AccountDeleted

What I'm saying is that it's a massive reminder of when we used to be a really active, wonderful, engaging forum community. And since it seems like that's something we've been trying to recapture in the last year or so, but haven't been super successful at.  

Basically all the necro-bumping makes the current state of the forum look even worse than it might, just by the comparison.  But that's just me. 

Haha right? I mean, a handful of cute ones or whatever, I get. But it's literally MORE THAN HALF. AND THEY'RE NONSENSE. Not fun nonsense, either. 

Well, I agree that in the last half hour the bumping has gotten out of hand, but I am not surprised because of the big deal that has been made over the whole issue. And yes, we used to be more fun. A lot of the nice people have left, and some of those left behind think it's ok to attack other people personally instead of just agree to disagree - just bad mojo.

And yes,I posted a thread about praying for phatmass in the Prayer room, but it was quite awhile ago and needs to be done again.