An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

Indwelling, it is so good to have you with us again!  I have often wondered how you are doing.  I hope your health situation has stabilized and is not too bad.  :lust:  Please keep in touch!

Mary Catherine

Dear Vee,

May I know how long have you been waiting for this congregation, and what did your SD say?

Can you find a good doctor beside you? 

Dear Vee,

May I know how long have you been waiting for this congregation, and what did your SD say?

Can you find a good doctor beside you? 

Ive been waiting about five years and Im in my 30s so I figure by the time I get to go Ill be in my 80s! :P 

My SD said WAIT, BE PATIENT!!

Can I find a good doctor? I hope so!  I meet her at the end of November so hopefully things go well.

Not to be selfish or anything but I'm a tiny bit glad that we get to keep you around here a bit longer! :)

I do hope the doctor appointment goes well. Finding a good doctor can be a challenge. For the past 4-5 years I have not had the same doctor for more than 1 year. (I've moved multiple times, changed insurance, doctor left etc). It is such a pain to try to find a new one, hope that it works out, and get all of my medical records transferred. 

(Also IT it is SOOOOOO good to hear from you!!!!!!!)

Hi krissy, hi IT, hi TT and anyone else Ive missed :wave:

Unfortunately Im too busy to respond to everyone as Id like.  As to where Ive applied since my family doenst even know I think its fair to make a general statement here that I wont be sharing that info until things are more certain, like final vows!  The way I see it everything is discernment right up  til  final vows are made. :)

At least let us know, does this community have Tall Nuns?  It's important that you be among your own kind.  ;)

Id appreciate prayers once again, this time for my brother who is going through a rough time right now.  He is receiving help but prayers dont hurt either.  Id also appreciate prayers for a speedy resolution to a couple of legal matters Im dealing with.  You see Im an executor of a will and although my beloved family member has been gone almost two years now we arent quite done dealing with a couple of things!  :wall: One of the things is waiting for a notice from Revenue Canada saying  the taxes are officially done for this person  When we have that paper we have one other end to tie up and then I think Id FINALLY be free of executor duties!

• 3 weeks later...

So I was a bit nervous about my doctor's appointment today, until I whined to my best friend who basically said something along the lines of "go in there and get the blankity blank form filled out and signed!"  Thanks buddy! :buddies:

BTW if I ever actually enter Im bring the aformentioned friend along jsut in case i get cold feet, she can shove me in the door!  "Get in the blankity blank convent and stay there!"

dominicansoul

I would have been a terrible vocation director...

"WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NOT SURE?  WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NERVOUS AND SCARED? WHADDYA MEAN YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT THIS IS FOR YOU?  GET YOUR !@#$ APPLICATION DONE, ENTER AND LETS GET THIS @#$#@ OVER WITH!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE, IF YOU LIKE IT, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!!!"

That would have been pretty much my convo with every girl interested in the community... lol 

54 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I would have been a terrible vocation director...

"WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NOT SURE?  WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NERVOUS AND SCARED? WHADDYA MEAN YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT THIS IS FOR YOU?  GET YOUR !@#$ APPLICATION DONE, ENTER AND LETS GET THIS @#$#@ OVER WITH!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE, IF YOU LIKE IT, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!!!"

That would have been pretty much my convo with every girl interested in the community... lol 

Ha ha, I like this. It is true, sometimes it takes a friend to give you a metaphorical (or real!) shove to get you moving! :hehe2: