An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

IgnatiusofLoyola
10 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

Carmelites can read???   :P

Silly! We know Vee can read. (Or do we? Perhaps someone else reads Phatmass to her, and not because she has vision issues.) I guess when Vee enters, after entrance, Vee will consciously forget how to read. Or, perhaps the Carmelite veil affects the part of the brain that allows one to read. We know how Vee goes on and on about veils. ;)

Note: I AM NOT putting down ANYONE who for lack of opportunity, because of vision problems, or for any other reason cannot read. That is a tragedy that still exists today, even in the U.S.

However, we do know that Vee can read. Hence my jokes. Also, we know that ds makes fun of Vee out of friendship and to try to forget how much she will miss Vee when she enters. (Notice, Vee, that I said WHEN, not IF. The obstacles WILL be taken care of eventually.) I'm praying for you, what more could you ask? Yeah right. ( :P to me.)

27 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

Carmelites can read???   :P

And write too!  You would know since thats all you read in the Dominican convent!  Sit around and read Juanito et all and dye your habit brown! :smokey: 

9 minutes ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

Silly! We know Vee can read. (Or do we? Perhaps someone else reads Phatmass to her, and not because she has vision issues.) I guess when Vee enters, after entrance, Vee will consciously forget how to read. Or, perhaps the Carmelite veil affects the part of the brain that allows one to read. We know how Vee goes on and on about veils. ;)

Note: I AM NOT putting down ANYONE who for lack of opportunity, because of vision problems, or for any other reason cannot read. That is a tragedy that still exists today, even in the U.S.

However, we do know that Vee can read. Hence my jokes. Also, we know that ds makes fun of Vee out of friendship and to try to forget how much she will miss Vee when she enters. (Notice, Vee, that I said WHEN, not IF. The obstacles WILL be taken care of eventually.) I'm praying for you, what more could you ask? Yeah right. ( :P to me.)

Like St Catherine of Siena I have someone read, in this case phatmass, to me and write my replies. :P

dominicansoul
46 minutes ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

I will miss her greatly, but I think God is already working all that out.  He gave me cats.  Lol

...and even when she enters, I'm still gonna make fun of her  !!!  Wait until your first letter Vee!  

59 minutes ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

that I said WHEN, not IF. The obstacles WILL be taken care of eventually.) I'm praying for you, what more could you ask? Yeah right. ( :P to me.)

Well Im not holding my breathe!  At the start of 2015 I had guessed that perhaps everything might be settled and I wouldve been there by now.  Nope, not even close!  Lesson learned, dont guess!  Its in God's time and as I think we all know God time is not our time nor His ways our ways.  The best I can do is to prepare the way for Him physically and spiritually.  I really like all the references to that that we have this Advent season. 

oops now I have to get ready for work!

Finally, on the feast of St. Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin, or as I like to call him the other Juanito, I had my full physical examination and the medical form has been filled out.  Mostly filled out anyway as just the results of a urine test are needed and then its good to go. 

31 minutes ago, vee said:

Finally, on the feast of St. Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin, or as I like to call him the other Juanito, I had my full physical examination and the medical form has been filled out.  Mostly filled out anyway as just the results of a urine test are needed and then its good to go. 

What, you couldn't pee there?

Oh I could it just takes a day or two to get the results.  Such is the less glamorous, less talked about side of attempting religious life!

On 12/7/2015, 11:19:51, dominicansoul said:

...and even when she enters, I'm still gonna make fun of her  !!!  Wait until your first letter Vee!  

I can't help but be amused that the above statement is is not hyperbole or kidding. 

On 12/9/2015, 6:26:15, Maximilianus said:

I can't help but be amused that the above statement is is not hyperbole or kidding. 

she said if I got cold feet shes going to stuff me in the turn and Ill enter that way.

On 11-12-2015 05:16:44, vee said:

she said if I got cold feet shes going to stuff me in the turn and Ill enter that way.

:hehe2: 

will there be pictures of the entrance ceremony?

On 12/10/2015, 10:54:50, TheresaThoma said:

LOL that would be fun to watch....

Most entrance ceremonies have lovely photos and people comment how beautiful it is ie Teresa of teh Andes etc.  Mine would likely be a comedy, sort of like every convent visit ds and I have ever had together.  Someone manages to do or say something stupid and the other just stands there and laughs at them.  :|

5 hours ago, josephine said:

:hehe2: 

will there be pictures of the entrance ceremony?

I hope not!

Sort of off topic but I dont know exactly what their postulant outfit looks like, and this is rather vain of me but I ahve a feeling Id look a bit dorky.  The main reason being I think there is a vest over a dress shirt.  I never wear that clothing combination so ya hello humility, goodbye vanity!

On 12/12/2015, 9:43:56, vee said:

Sort of off topic but I dont know exactly what their postulant outfit looks like, and this is rather vain of me but I ahve a feeling Id look a bit dorky.  The main reason being I think there is a vest over a dress shirt.  I never wear that clothing combination so ya hello humility, goodbye vanity!

Sigh, I know that feeling. I'm sitting here in my giant button-down shirt and nun-made skirt. The shirt was mine, but the skirt I was given from the common cupboard once it got too cold for the thin summer skirt I'd brought. It billows out to the size of a house and weighs a ton. Having been out and about in London wearing this for over a month, I'm starting to care a bit less than I first did, but it's... an adjustment. At least you'll be cloistered! :hehe: 

6 hours ago, marigold said:

Sigh, I know that feeling. I'm sitting here in my giant button-down shirt and nun-made skirt. The shirt was mine, but the skirt I was given from the common cupboard once it got too cold for the thin summer skirt I'd brought. It billows out to the size of a house and weighs a ton. Having been out and about in London wearing this for over a month, I'm starting to care a bit less than I first did, but it's... an adjustment. At least you'll be cloistered! :hehe: 

I think the clothing we describe is a bit like the scene in the sound of music where she meets the captain for the first time and he's asking about her clothes.  She tells him their clothes are given to the poor when they enter, except the outfit she had on which the poor didnt want!

Oh well, offer it up I suppose.

With it having been a week and not having heard any word from the doc's office on the one set of test results and the completion of the form I just called there.  They finalized everything and sent the forms back to the Community yesterday!  They also sent me the bill for $85  <_<