Jump to content
vee

The long wait

Recommended Posts

vee

Oh Im not throwing away important mementos, those are going to my siblings.  Im throwing away things that I kept that really have no value such as my mom's last bottle of a skin care product.  Things that arent actually important and probably shouldve been tossed years ago but I had an attachment to.  My furniture and such is going to family that wants/needs it, and I have a just in case plan and items set aside, just in case I do discern out.

Yes I have a postulant outfit.  It consists of things I never wear so Im a little out of sorts at the initial thought but Im sure Ill be fine.  Its a skirt and vest in brown, and a white blouse and veil.  I have the blouses, and the community provides the rest.  I bought long sleeved men's dress shirts that actually fit well.  I could have bought long sleeved women's dress blouses but anything remotely close to the style I needed was double the price of the men's shirts!  Similar price gap for under shirts too as the women's ones I liked were $14 but the small men's ones in my size  were $8!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vee

Two weeks....

 

Got the roomie and a lot of stuff moved out today.  Such a relief to get that done, and to have my apartment to myself for a week! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dominicansoul

I'll take care of things for vee.  Whether or not she stays or leaves, she can depend on me...

 

I doubt she's doubting, vee tends to be the one with balance and common sense who actually is open to whatever God's will is.  His will is truly what would make her happy!  I wish I had her attitude when I was discerning religious life!  For me it was "I BETTER BECOME A SISTER OR ELSE." :D

 

heck  I even started a "vee fund" in case she discerns out.  Lolololololol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vee
1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

heck  I even started a "vee fund" in case she discerns out.  Lolololololol 

you have $8 to buy me a 12 of Lone Star?!?!?!?!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vee

In full swing throwing stuff out, moving stuff out, giving stuff away, and packing  No tv now.  I feel like Ive done a lot but there still seems to be so much left to do, and less and less time to do it.  Someone might say well get off of phatmass and get back to work but a two min break is ok :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vee

July 7th or 8th people start their novena to Our Lady of Mt Carmel.  Since in the Church we use the Jewish custom of celebrating feasts starting the evening before this accounts for the difference in start and end dates.  As the Carmel Im going to starts theirs on the 7th I will start mine then too.  It blows my mind knowing that I will start this novena in my home, my very empty apartment, and end it the evening before my entrance by praying it in their chapel.  If I was going to do a countdown this is the best kind.  

I really just try to focus on taking things one day at a time or even simply one hour at a time.  If I think too far ahead its distracting and overwhelming so I have to focus more on the immediate.  I am excited to meet up with ds and start our little adventure together.  I am so blessed to have her as a dear friend.   Some days we probably want to throw each other off a cliff but in general a blessing!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vee

I dislike cleaning my oven and there will be much rejoicing when its done!  The oven cleaner I bought works very well but still I have to scrub everything.  Everything as in the electric coil burners and the drip plates and EVERYTHING :wall:  

Do it for the love of God some may say, yes there is that but my main motivation is less than holy.  I want my damage deposit back! rotfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luigi
1 hour ago, vee said:

I dislike cleaning my oven and there will be much rejoicing when its done!  The oven cleaner I bought works very well but still I have to scrub everything.  Everything as in the electric coil burners and the drip plates and EVERYTHING :wall:  

Do it for the love of God some may say, yes there is that but my main motivation is less than holy.  I want my damage deposit back! rotfl

The easiest, cheapest, and safest way to clean an oven is...

Put a pot of water in there and turn the oven on. Keep an eye on it until you see that the water is boiling/creating steam. Let it boil/create steam for about five minutes. Then turn off the oven, but leave the door closed for about 20 to 30 minutes.

That steam will permeate everything in/on the oven, and you'll be able to wipe it down with a sponge+non-abrasive scrubber, quickly and easily.

That way, you get your deposit back and you don't have to do it for the love of God!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antigonos
7 hours ago, vee said:

That might work for normal people but Ive given away all my pots and pans!

Surely you can borrow one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarbaraTherese
10 hours ago, Luigi said:

The easiest, cheapest, and safest way to clean an oven is...

Put a pot of water in there and turn the oven on. Keep an eye on it until you see that the water is boiling/creating steam. Let it boil/create steam for about five minutes. Then turn off the oven, but leave the door closed for about 20 to 30 minutes.

That steam will permeate everything in/on the oven, and you'll be able to wipe it down with a sponge+non-abrasive scrubber, quickly and easily.

That way, you get your deposit back and you don't have to do it for the love of God!

???? :think:

8 hours ago, vee said:

That might work for normal people but Ive given away all my pots and pans!

???:think:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luigi
1 minute ago, BarbaraTherese said:

???? :think:

It also works very well with microwaves. Use a Pyrex dish. Fill it only about two-thirds full, otherwise it will boil up all over the place!

 

 

 

Edited by Luigi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarbaraTherese

:hehe2:  I am sure, vee, that your mind is probably sort of all over the place at this wonderful time for you.  My 'comments' are not meant seriously, but in jest.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vee
2 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Surely you can borrow one!

Psst, got a pot I can borrow? :P

 

1 hour ago, BarbaraTherese said:

:hehe2:  I am sure, vee, that your mind is probably sort of all over the place at this wonderful time for you.  My 'comments' are not meant seriously, but in jest.

??? :think:

:P

Oh yes these last few days at home are really something!  There is so much to do that I cant wait to be off on my little pre entrance vacation with ds starting Sunday.  It will be a much needed time of rest, relaxation and transition.  Even though I thought I was living simply there has still been so much to do!  It is very similar to cleaning up and closing out the home of a deceased loved one, except this time its for myself and the only thing to die should be my pride. 

It will be bittersweet to enter because of the sacrifice in how I interact with my loved ones, but I will also be able to start working full time for them.. Praying for them 24/7 basically for all their needs is very inspiring to me.  And not just for them but there are so many people I want to help, and heal, and reach by begging God's grace upon them.  DS seems to think Im going to get amnesia when I walk in the door but I wont.  How can I pray for people if I forget them?  There will always  be an intention of mine for phatmassers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×