vee

The long wait

vee

Hi krissy, hi IT, hi TT and anyone else Ive missed :wave:

Unfortunately Im too busy to respond to everyone as Id like.  As to where Ive applied since my family doenst even know I think its fair to make a general statement here that I wont be sharing that info until things are more certain, like final vows!  The way I see it everything is discernment right up  til  final vows are made. :)

vee

So I was a bit nervous about my doctor's appointment today, until I whined to my best friend who basically said something along the lines of "go in there and get the blankity blank form filled out and signed!"  Thanks buddy! :buddies:

BTW if I ever actually enter Im bring the aformentioned friend along jsut in case i get cold feet, she can shove me in the door!  "Get in the blankity blank convent and stay there!"

dominicansoul

I would have been a terrible vocation director...

"WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NOT SURE?  WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NERVOUS AND SCARED? WHADDYA MEAN YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT THIS IS FOR YOU?  GET YOUR !@#$ APPLICATION DONE, ENTER AND LETS GET THIS @#$#@ OVER WITH!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE, IF YOU LIKE IT, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!!!"

That would have been pretty much my convo with every girl interested in the community... lol 

Mags
54 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I would have been a terrible vocation director...

"WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NOT SURE?  WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE NERVOUS AND SCARED? WHADDYA MEAN YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT THIS IS FOR YOU?  GET YOUR !@#$ APPLICATION DONE, ENTER AND LETS GET THIS @#$#@ OVER WITH!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE, IF YOU LIKE IT, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!!!"

That would have been pretty much my convo with every girl interested in the community... lol 

Ha ha, I like this. It is true, sometimes it takes a friend to give you a metaphorical (or real!) shove to get you moving! :hehe2:

truthfinder
1 hour ago, vee said:

With such a strong positive indication Im now thinking and praying very hard about how and when to tell my family.  Boy are they in for a shock!  I know it sounds very un nunly but I might need a really stiff drink prior to telling them!

Prayers Vee! And your last comment reminds me of Phillipa from In this House of Brede

marigold
5 hours ago, vee said:

Im a rather cautious person and dont believe something is going to happen until it actually does.  For example just because Ive sent in most of the application, minus the doc's forms, and one other thing, I have been very very hesitant to even consider that I might actually go there.    Anything can happen as in I might change my mind, they might change theirs etc.  Their language with me has always been very neutral as well, until a day or two ago when I got what amounted to a very strong unofficial yes.  Id wondered what they might say when Ive completed everything, I do all taht stuff and they vote no, but it seems they are in favor of me at least taking the next step. There are many yeses still to come but this unofficial one has most happily left me really shaken!

With such a strong positive indication Im now thinking and praying very hard about how and when to tell my family.  Boy are they in for a shock!  I know it sounds very un nunly but I might need a really stiff drink prior to telling them!

You haven't told them at all yet??

dominicansoul
4 hours ago, marigold said:

You haven't told them at all yet??

You dont know vees family lol

vee, i would tell them after youve entered lololololol

vee
2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

vee, i would tell them after youve entered lololololol

youre going to tell them after I enter?!!?!  thanks and good luck with that!!

Marigold, no they have no idea.  My mom knew and even though she was trying to be a good Catholic, and even wanted my brothers to be priests, she really didnt like the idea of me going to any community.   That means I have to tell my siblings and relatives who dont go to church at all, are in varying degrees of hating the Church, and outright blaspheming it and the name of Jesus.  Im not looking forward to the drama!  It might be easier if it was an active community and had a noticeable and respectable apostolate but with a purely contemplative community that doesnt go anywhere or seemingly do anything I can only guess at the unkind words my family will have for that!  Its a good thing ds will be telling them for me! :P:P

IgnatiusofLoyola
1 hour ago, vee said:

youre going to tell them after I enter?!!?!  thanks and good luck with that!!

Marigold, no they have no idea.  My mom knew and even though she was trying to be a good Catholic, and even wanted my brothers to be priests, she really didnt like the idea of me going to any community.   That means I have to tell my siblings and relatives who dont go to church at all, are in varying degrees of hating the Church, and outright blaspheming it and the name of Jesus.  Im not looking forward to the drama!  It might be easier if it was an active community and had a noticeable and respectable apostolate but with a purely contemplative community that doesnt go anywhere or seemingly do anything I can only guess at the unkind words my family will have for that!  Its a good thing ds will be telling them for me! :P:P

I think ds would probably do a much better job of telling Vee's family. It's pretty common knowledge that no one messes with ds, so all the family would say is, "Good to know where she's been and please don't kill us (or hit us with a chair)." :bash:

Note to ds: You might want to be sure to tell Vee's family BEFORE they call out the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. No, heck, on second thought, I want to see all those hot guys riding their steeds up the driveway. Be sure to take pictures.

vee

rotflrotflrotflrotfl

oh iggy

rotflrotfl

Sorry to dash your dreams but they have female officers now too and mostly get around in cars, so any pics ds sends could end up looking like this. 

5542893741_ba886251d0_b.jpg

when youre at least hoping for this

rcmp61.jpg