An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Most Important Thing?

ironmonk

What is the most important thing?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jake Huether

C'mon Speech, you mean to tell me that Democrats don't lie? They lie just as much as the Republicans.

I think that was his point.

Don't vote based on a party. Base your vote on the integrity of the person, not his (or her) label.

I for one am pretty confused by Bush. I respect him on the one hand for what he has done, but then again - we really don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

I like that he actually cared about what the Pope thought. If he didn't he wouldn't have even spoke with him. And it wasn't a political move (It might have put him even further back!).

But we can't judge his heart. Could be good, could be bad. The fruits are what count. And from the immediate friut of this war, it doesn't look good. No WOMD yet... No Saddam yet... No, what's his name, oh, almost forgot, Bib Laden...

But again, I do consider his efforts (in the public) to speak out about abortion. He is much more "moral" than Clinton.

Iron Monk,

According to the U.S. Department of Labour's website (an agency of the Bush administration) unemployment has risen every month since March of this year. I'm afraid that Good Friday was right on this point (and others, I suspect). This is not a ploy of the "liberal media" or of the "democrooks". Its a fact. Does it mean Bush is evil? No, but he's not perfect either. I think that Good Friday's central point is right on: neither party is more the "catholic" party than the other. Please, use your faith to inform your politics. Conservative economics is not neccessarily "Catholic". Pro-life is good. Truly Pro-life is better.

peace...

Jobs have been increasing? HA! No way!

The economy is awful and I know many talented, educated people who are out of work right now.

If jobs are increasing in your area, let me know. I'll move.

An added thought: With the child tax rebates Bush gave, the low income families did not receive any of that. Low income families need the money, therefore they buy things, putting the money back into circulation, which in turn strengthens the economy. I think it's amusing that higher income people were given the money instead...they are more likely to put it in the bank, where it helps noone.

Edited by Carrie

Chastisement

I lost any respect I had for Bush when he sold out in that whole stem cell business.

Mind you, he's less of a baby killer then Gore.

And CERTAINLY less of a baby killer then that disgrace Clinton.

Anyway, NZ's economy is doing quite well, we have a Labour govt, which I guess you'd refer to as "Democrat". I dispise them, quite frankly. However, unemployment is at it's lowest that it's been in years and we have rather pudgy tax rates.

Jake, I'm not so sure that was his point, but I will give Speech the benefit of the doubt. You are right, we should vote based on the integrity of the person, but 9 times out of 10 people do not do that. They vote along a certain ideological line because they believe one party is better than another, even if they only agree with about 25% of what they party stands for or believes in. All these people who hate Bush so much really need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they truly believe Gore would have been any better. Aligning oneselves with a certain party just because they hate the other party or the leader of the other party is asinine. It's getting this country nowhere. I for one do not trust a word any politician utters. The only people I believe in or trust is my family and friends. Why would anyone believe a politician? If you don't then why would one believe in a political party? See where I'm going here?

The solution is the Holy Catholic Church.  I'm a part of it, Bush isn't.  Therefore Bush isn't part of the solution, he's part of the problem. 

Well, Bush's little brother Jeb is Catholic I think. I'm pretty sure I read that in the newspaper today.

Iron Monk,

According to the U.S. Department of Labour's website (an agency of the Bush administration)  unemployment has risen every month since March of this year.  I'm afraid that Good Friday was right on this point (and others, I suspect).  This is not a ploy of the "liberal media" or of the "democrooks".  Its a fact.  Does it mean Bush is evil?  No, but he's not perfect either.  I think that Good Friday's central point is right on: neither party is more the "catholic" party than the other.  Please, use your faith to inform your politics.  Conservative economics is not neccessarily "Catholic".  Pro-life is good.  Truly Pro-life is better.

peace...

Unemployment has been declining....

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t07.htm

The bottom line... if someone votes for someone other than a prolifer who actually has a chance to win then you might as well have voted against prolife....

-ironmonk.

Jobs have been increasing? HA! No way!

The economy is awful and I know many talented, educated people who are out of work right now. 

If jobs are increasing in your area, let me know.  I'll move.

An added thought: With the child tax rebates Bush gave, the low income families did not receive any of that.  Low income families need the money, therefore they buy things, putting the money back into circulation, which in turn strengthens the economy.  I think it's amusing that higher income people were given the money instead...they are more likely to put it in the bank, where it helps noone.

Show us some data...

Makes you wish the Catholic church would just rule the world.  B)

Yes.... If there was a real Catholic country (I can't move to the Vatican), I would save up for the move.... Maybe I should search south america? Once I find one, I'll learn the language, then move.... it should be developing, so my computer skills would come in handy :)

Guys,

sorry if I was a bit harsh... but I think the most important thing in the world right now is to stop abortion... Nothing on earth makes me more angry than abortion. If the Church sanctioned it, I would be a one man crusade against them all...

Everything else falls into second... once the babies are safer, then we worry about the best way to handle the small stuff.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

Iron Monk,

I am a bit confused, your link clearly shows that the unemployment rate is climbing, slowly yes, but climbing.

Please explain.

peace...

GO IRONMONK!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't do my hw like him, im just like, yeah he's right... he'll prove the point and i can go to sleep happy

Pax et Amo Christi!

Bush's tax cuts do help the majority of Americans... They stimulate the economy... It takes years to see the effects of presidential tax policies... our poor economy is due to clinton.
I'm willing to drop the tax cut issue for two reasons: 1) I don't know enough about it; 2) it's not my main problem with Bush. I didn't even mention Bush's tax cuts in my original post, on a different thread, which had nothing to do with tax cuts. It had to do with unjust war. So I simply won't be discussing the tax cuts anymore. But I do disagree with you.

We ARE NOT destroying the earth... The earth is not some fragile egg... 30 volcano's erupt every year... One volcano puts more CFC's in the air than we can do in 10,000 years... The hole in the ozone has ALWAYS been there... New Ozone is created EVERY second, the Sun's UV rays create Ozone when they hit oxygen.

I'm sorry, Ironmonk, but I tend to trust scientists a bit more than you and the Bush Administration. If you can give me a wealth of scientific information proving that the environment is not at risk (and not just an article or two), then I will re-evaluate my position. Otherwise, I will not. Nevertheless, my original post had nothing to do with the environment, it had to do with unjust war.

Bush is not an idiot. Anyone who says that he is, is a fool.... and is comparable to Jack Chick because they say things without checking.
Would you like me to cite his many grammatical errors? How about his many geographical errors? He is a total idiot, I've read the errors he's made.

C'mon Speech, you mean to tell me that Democrats don't lie? They lie just as much as the Republicans. Me thinks you have an ideology that aligns itself with the Democratic Party, which causes you to be blind to the truth. The fact is this country is going straight down the crapper and both the Dem's and Repub's are to blame. Both sides point fingers at who is to blame yet they can't ever reach an agreement about anything. There has to be compromise from both sides and at this point is our countries history it aint happenin. Both sides have agendas, and those agendas are killing this country.

MP, I'm fairly sure this was the point I was driving home. As I have stated many times in this thread and others, I do not (under any circumstances) support the democrats or their agenda. I would sooner abstain from voting than vote for one of them. But my point in this thread and in the other thread I started pertaining to this issue is that I refuse to vote for the republicans either, because I believe they too are working for agendas that will destroy this country and/or the world.

I think both parties are horribly corrupt, and like Dorothy Day (who is pretty much my inspiration for all of my social and political views) I refuse to vote for members of either party, unless an outstanding member from one party or the other presents himself/herself. I definitely do not subscribe to democrat ideologies. There are many, many things I disagree with the democrats over. But my point with this thread is that there are also many, many things I disagree with the republicans over. And both are killing people.

The bottom line... if someone votes for someone other than a prolifer who actually has a chance to win then you might as well have voted against prolife....
Can I see a Church document to this effect? I'm not prepared to take your word for it, Ironmonk, since you are a self-professed republican. Again, I do not believe Bush is pro-life. He kills Iraqis and our soldiers in an unjust war.

sorry if I was a bit harsh... but I think the most important thing in the world right now is to stop abortion... Nothing on earth makes me more angry than abortion. If the Church sanctioned it, I would be a one man crusade against them all...

And of course this is the most important thing in the world, I don't deny that. But Bush and the republican party have done nothing to stop abortion, and despite my many requests for proof to the contrary, you have provided none. Their lip service to the pro-life cause simply doesn't impress me anymore. I also don't see how people who are more than willing to commit murder in other circumstances can truly be interested in preventing murder in different circumstances. Murder is murder. Period.

Everything else falls into second... once the babies are safer, then we worry about the best way to handle the small stuff.

Do you call an unjust war that has killed at least hundreds of people the small stuff??? I agree that abortion must be stopped, but I also think Bush's reign of terror over the international community needs to be stopped as well.

I also don't consider the many people standing in a bread line in Marietta, OH that I saw on 60 Minutes tonight "the small stuff." I think they're very important.

gf...

stop being lazy, you look it up yourself... you've listened to one side.

You are a fool for your basis of calling someone an idiot.

You really need to learn how to study.

-ironmonk