An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Most Important Thing?

ironmonk

What is the most important thing?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iron Monk,

How convienent to change the subject. We were discussing the unemployment rate, suddenly you want to talk about total numbers of jobs. Not fair.

Secondly, the Gospel warns us against going to the temple and offering a sacrifice while in our hearts we call our brothers geniuses. I suggest that it would be possible for you to engage in civilized debate with Good Friday, without resorting to name calling. If you cannot, perhaps this topic is too sensitive for you.

peace...

stop being lazy, you look it up yourself... you've listened to one side.
I've listened to the side I think is right... with such personalities as the Holy Father, the United States Bishops, many Bishops of the world, and many theologians the world over in my corner. (I'm speaking now of the unjust war issue, which you have yet to address in any way, probably because you know I'm right). I have no need to listen to the "other side," since I think the other side must be seriously misinformed if they are opposing the Pope and most of the world's Bishops. If you want me to see the other side, present it. If not, get off my case. This is the debate forum. I'm not obliged to go find your side of the story. Since this is a debate forum and you're on the other side of the issue, you're the one who needs to provide your side of the issue. When you do, I will read it and respond.

You are a fool for your basis of calling someone an idiot.

Ironmonk, the same man who proposes extremely difficult literacy and proficiency tests as a prerequisite for graduation from high school has demonstrated in his speeches that he cannot pass them. I will post direct quotes for you, if you'd like, but I believe they've been posted on this forum before. His lack of grammatical skills are beside the point, though, as Jimmy Carter wasn't extremely proficient in that area either. My point is that we need to call a spade a spade. If he lacks skills in grammar, geography, and many other intellectual areas, let's not try to paint it the other way.

You really need to learn how to study.

I have studied. I have studied the position that the war on Iraq was unjust, and I have studied it extensively. I have briefly studied the position that it was a just war, and the reason that it was a brief study is because I'm extremely uninterested in the opposition because the opposition happens to be opposing the very well-informed position of the Holy Father and most of the world's Bishops.

On a side note, you may have the studying thing down, but you need to learn how to respond to arguments like a Catholic.

Iron Monk,

How convienent to change the subject.  We were discussing the unemployment rate, suddenly you want to talk about total numbers of jobs.  Not fair.

Secondly, the Gospel warns us against going to the temple and offering a sacrifice while in our hearts we call our brothers geniuses.  I suggest that it would be possible for you to engage in civilized debate with Good Friday, without resorting to name calling.  If you cannot, perhaps this topic is too sensitive for you.

peace...

Here here!

Jake Huether

Would you like me to cite his many grammatical errors? How about his many geographical errors? He is a total idiot, I've read the errors he's made.

I'm not too good at grammer, if you haven't noticed. And I can tell you up front I don't know squat about any other continent but the Americas (well only a little).

Does that make me a TOTAL idiot?

Sorry, I don't think so. I graduated pretty close to the top of my class. I have an understanding of MANY things. I have a directional block and a grammatical block. Big friggin deal. Basing idiocy on those two things is pretty idiotic.

GW doesn't deserve to be called an idiot... yet...

Yes.... If there was a real Catholic country (I can't move to the Vatican), I would save up for the move.... Maybe I should search south america? Once I find one, I'll learn the language, then move.... it should be developing, so my computer skills would come in handy :)

Iron,

I heard that the philippines are 97 % Catholic. Check it out. :P

:blink:

Edited by Damien

Sorry looked it up. Christianity is 91% and Catholic is 83% of that. So more like 75.53 %, but thats still a lot more Catholic %'tage than here. (1995 est)

:blink:

Ohh Yeah looked up United States too 28 % Catholics. (1989 est)

A little closer to home. Mexico 89% (1990 est)

Italy is 98 % wow. The things you learn if you look. (1995 est)

All sources from Dictionary.com

Edited by Damien

I'm not too good at grammer, if you haven't noticed. And I can tell you up front I don't know squat about any other continent but the Americas (well only a little).
Jake, you're not the President of the United States. You also didn't go to Yale (did you?). The President needs to know proper grammar, and he needs to know geography. I doubt he should be judging serious international issues and geo-political affairs when he doesn't know the location of the country he's talking about.

Sorry, I don't think so. I graduated pretty close to the top of my class. I have an understanding of MANY things. I have a directional block and a grammatical block. Big friggin deal. Basing idiocy on those two things is pretty idiotic.

I don't think there's any need to take it so personally. I called George Bush an idiot, not you. It is a "big friggin deal" for the President of the United States not to know how to speak properly and not to know where the countries of the world are. What's okay for you is not necessarily okay for the man entrusted with the leadership of our country. He needs to be more intelligent than other people, or at least as intelligent as most people.

Edited by Good Friday

The more I think about it, the more I realize, that in order to be a good Catholic, you must distance yourself from political parties.

40 Million Innocent Lives per year...

All the baby boomers can thank the democrooks for their social security problem.

-ironmonk

I'm with Monk on this. As Usual.

Here here!

Are you that clueless? They are related.

First, there are more jobs now.

Second, Bush is fixing what clinton screwed up. Just like Reagan had to fix screw ups by the worst president this country has seen; carter.

So what if I misread the chart, I was wrong about that woopiedido...

The unemployement rate has been rising since clinton; The unemployment is NOT Bush's fault, only someone who did not look at the facts would think so.

Oh, but look... many more jobs have been created... Hmmmm...

http://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd...dview&id=231563

Anyways, how can you call yourself Catholic, if jobs are more important than innocent babies lives?!

When will you people (democrooks) learn, ignorance is not bliss.

I'm anti-buffet Catholic.

-ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

The more I think about it, the more I realize, that in order to be a good Catholic, you must distance yourself from political parties.

Sorry bro, but I have to disagree... many people in the rep. party are coming closer to Catholic teachings... many reps are beginning to be against the dealth penalty.

And the democrooks lie about Rep. economic plans... For example; tax breaks to big corps for donating to charities is considered wrong in the democrooks eyes... Reforming walfare is wrong in the democrooks eyes.... etc...

When carter was in office, I actually went to school with people that wanted to grow up to be on walfare because their grandmother, mother, and older sisters were already on it, and they didn't even have to look for a job.

Democrooks spout how evil republican's policies are, but can never show any proof.

Where as, look at what happened the last time we had a democrook in the Whitehouse, they stole, and trashed the place...

Rep. want God in the Country... democrooks want God out....

Someone who wants God in, is closer to Catholicism than people who want God out.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

I don't think there's any need to take it so personally.  I called George Bush an idiot, not you.  It is a "big friggin deal" for the President of the United States not to know how to speak properly and not to know where the countries of the world are.  What's okay for you is not necessarily okay for the man entrusted with the leadership of our country.  He needs to be more intelligent than other people, or at least as intelligent as most people.

Speech, I do not see where it need's to be a pre requisite that a President needs to be some great orator. As long as they can speak clearly and with reasonable proficiency then I don't see the problem. I think I would rather have someone who looks human, and makes human mistakes as President than some stiff robot (and yes I'm referring to Al Gore) who's message sounds canned. Clinton was far from a great speaker also but that doesn’t mean he should have stepped down as President because of that.

Look, I think we all agree that GW is not a great public speaker. But to call him an idiot and say that he has no business being President because of that seems awfully petty to me.

Sorry, but calling someone stupid just because their grammar isn't 100% perfect is a cop-out. We can't gauge the level of a person's intelligence solely by what comes out of their mouth. I think we ought to look at the real issues and stop making personal attacks on our president. He's doing the best he can, and that's all we can hope for.

BTW, I've noticed that liberals enjoy making personal attacks on people about little things. I remember when Linda Tripp came forward about Monica Lewinsky's affair, the liberals talked about how ugly she supposedly was! Oh, please!