An Old School Catholic Message Board

(live) Chicken Lovers?

John Paul

Lil  Monster raises chickens, but we don't hear from her very often any more. 

She lives on a farm in Minnesota or Michigan or someplace very north like that. 

We sold all four of our chickens last night due to problems with laying and the upcoming winter.

Were they ISA Browns cause if they were I think I know the problem.

On the month they think it is the coldest they don't lay for a month to rest their reproductive systems or else they get tumors.

dominicansoul

I have a tiny flock.  Well, its really my brother's.  I made him get rid of about 9 of them and all we have left now are a rooster and 3 hens.  They've all got problems.  We just keep them as pets and feed their eggs to the stray cats that roam the fields around here.

We started at 15 and are now down to 4.One died the first day we got em because all the baby chicks sat on her head.The 2 of our roosters went in the cornfield and never came back and our favorite rooster Dr.Jazz died of unknown causes.6 of our hens went through a combine.1 managed to snap its neck and that brings me to 4.

MarysLittleFlower

Does anyone keep or like chickens as much as I do?

when I was 5 years old..  I had an obsessions with chickens because my grandma had them in the country. The baby ones were cute :)