An Old School Catholic Message Board

Writing letters to religious

chrysostom

VEEEE!!!!!

How goes it my friend?

ohmygosh l I still remember you on here struggling to fund raise and then I see pics of you making vows and going stand up paddling and such and Im just amazed!  I stopped discerning and even participating here because my mom had cancer and then died and I was her primary caregiver but now I am in the application process with a community so  hopefully, FINALLY, Ill get a real chance at going! :D  Continued prayers for you!!

ohmygosh l I still remember you on here struggling to fund raise and then I see pics of you making vows and going stand up paddling and such and Im just amazed!  I stopped discerning and even participating here because my mom had cancer and then died and I was her primary caregiver but now I am in the application process with a community so  hopefully, FINALLY, Ill get a real chance at going! :D  Continued prayers for you!!

I Know!!! it still feels surreal.  This morning in meditation I was looking back on all these graces and blessings and I still cannot believe how good He has been.  I am sorry to hear about your mother, I remember when you shared about her illness.  I pray that you will find yourself on the other side of the walls soon and I will be the one amazed at how quickly time seem to have passed and how it was only yesterday you were making preparations for entrance.  

I mean look at LC, she is what? in her 3rd year of vows, and I remember when she was making rosaries for fundraising etc..

I was re-reading some things from Self-Abandonment to Divine Providence and I remembered some of the difficult part of my journey and in hindsight I feel consoled and I pray that I continue to see His Divine action throughout the hard times as the years progress (because as I am sure y'all know there will be hard times, it up to us to see beyond the veil...)

I pray that these words of de Causade comfort you...

“There is not a moment in which God does not present Himself under the cover of some pain to be endured, of some consolation to be enjoyed, or of some duty to be performed. All that takes place within us, around us, or through us, contains and conceals His divine action.”

I found it interesting that I was reading this again today and was also reminiscing about my journey to get to this point.  Thank you Vee, DS and all my PM pham for all of the prayerful support!!!! I don't think I can say enough of how thankful I am

Vee, I shall definitely pray that it is in accordance to His will for your entrance day to be rather soon!

But it means that the little students spend their days on a laptot ? But how can it be good for their eyes ? And how can they learn to write if they don't practise ? And how do they pay this ? And it means that parents have no choice but to let their children using a computer (I know a lot of catholic parents who are against their kids using screens - any screens) ? So much question. Thankfully, my country is 30 years late when it comes to technology, so when we will have these, I'll stop teaching. 
My university is amazing. When we don't need the wifi, it's here. When our teachers want us to do work on a computer, the wifi is gone. Every single time. 

Our whole class hate the chromebooks.We do right notes in our notebooks we have our textbooks on it and I think that is unfortunate cause you have to log in choose which book type the page wait for it to load ect.

I Know!!! it still feels surreal.  This morning in meditation I was looking back on all these graces and blessings and I still cannot believe how good He has been.  I am sorry to hear about your mother, I remember when you shared about her illness.  I pray that you will find yourself on the other side of the walls soon and I will be the one amazed at how quickly time seem to have passed and how it was only yesterday you were making preparations for entrance.  

I mean look at LC, she is what? in her 3rd year of vows, and I remember when she was making rosaries for fundraising etc..

I was re-reading some things from Self-Abandonment to Divine Providence and I remembered some of the difficult part of my journey and in hindsight I feel consoled and I pray that I continue to see His Divine action throughout the hard times as the years progress (because as I am sure y'all know there will be hard times, it up to us to see beyond the veil...)

I pray that these words of de Causade comfort you...

“There is not a moment in which God does not present Himself under the cover of some pain to be endured, of some consolation to be enjoyed, or of some duty to be performed. All that takes place within us, around us, or through us, contains and conceals His divine action.”

I found it interesting that I was reading this again today and was also reminiscing about my journey to get to this point.  Thank you Vee, DS and all my PM pham for all of the prayerful support!!!! I don't think I can say enough of how thankful I am

Vee, I shall definitely pray that it is in accordance to His will for your entrance day to be rather soon!

LOL I remember LC making rosaries to fund raise too.  Luckily both of your communities are on facebook etc so currently I can follow you on there, and remember you in my prayers as well!  The community I am interested in doesnt have facebook, twitter etc so no social media stalking :P

Thank you so much for your prayers and the quote from de Causade it is a good reminder and a comfort. 

Im so glad you can post here a bit!