An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quiz- Which OP Saint Are You Most Like?

Luigi

Have we played this game before? Even if we have, we should do it again in honor of the 800th jubilee of the founding of the order.

http://www.churchpop.com/2015/11/08/quiz-which-dominican-saint-are-you-most-like/ 

Me - I'm Thomas Aquinas, except for the fact that I fall asleep when I read philosophy. And the fact that I can't think in abstractions. But the quiz didn't ask about that. Take it for what it's worth

IgnatiusofLoyola

St. Dominic :think: I'm not sure about this--I'll have to read up on it. I don't know enough about St. Dominic to be able to detail what the differences are, but I know I'm not drawn to asceticism or penitential practices (at least not to the degree St. Dominic was).

But, the fact that the first thing I need/want to do is study up on it is a telling sign. Not to mention the fact that one value I have had since I was a child is the search for truth and understanding. I love the motto "Veritas."

IgnatiusofLoyola

Im not sure I want to take the quiz! :P

Then don't take it. They don't ask you whether you'd prefer a brown habit (obviously, since these are Dominican saints), so your results won't be accurate anyway! (Not that these quizzes are to be taken too seriously--but they can be fun and interesting.)

I got St. Ides.

Like Shakespeare's "Beware the Ides of March?" :P

I know it's not the same thing, but I've never heard of St. Ides, not that I've ever pretended to be an expert on Dominican saints--or any saints. At least we know I know how to research things, so I'll look it up later. :smokey:

How many Dominican saints you recognize?  ;)

22917951045_1e9b88c002_o.jpg

22296816443_e3111b9a04_z.jpg

Solution:

1. B. Jean Marie Joseph Lataste , apóstol de las prisiones
  2. S. Francisco Coll Guitart,
  3. B. Imelda Lambertini,
  4. S. Zdislava de Lemberk (1210-1252)
  5. B. Ingrid de Suecia,
  6. S. Martín de Porres
  7. S. Juan Macías
  8. S. Luis de Montefort
  9. S. Rosa de Lima
  10. S. Pedro Mártir
  11. S. Tomás de Aquino
  12. S. Domingo
  13. S. Catalina de Siena
  14. S. Alberto Magno
  15. S. Margarita de Hungría
  16. S. Vicente Ferrer
  17. S. Pío V, papa
  18. B.  Antonio Neyrot
  19. S. Luis Beltrán
  20. B. Margarita d’ Castello
  21. B. Juan Liccio
  22. B. Emilia Biccheri
  23. B. Pier Giorgio Frassati
  24. B. Fra Angelico

But, the fact that the first thing I need/want to do is study up on it is a telling sign. Not to mention the fact that one value I have had since I was a child is the search for truth and understanding. I love the motto "Veritas."

me too!  And the amazing thing is that truth isnt a something its a someone, Jesus who is Truth itself!  I work with a lot of very anti Christian people so to even talk to them about religion I say things like I seek the Truth ;)  and it seems an acceptable answer which makes them think and doesnt get their backs up.

How many Dominican saints you recognize?  ;)

22296816443_e3111b9a04_z.jpg

Gracias!

I needed that, I was wondering who some of those were last night.

From the St. Joseph Province site per the artist

"Drawing much influence from masters such as Jan van Eyck and Fra Angelico, the composition is somewhat decorative and ambiguously lit, denoting the supernatural setting. The blue of the sky is symbolic of Mary’s veil enveloping her beloved Dominicans; this is also the reason her head is uncovered. It is meant as a reference to St. Dominic’s heavenly vision of the Order sheltered beneath the Blessed Mother’s mantle."

Edited by Maximilianus
to add stuff

St. Thomas, which is hardly surprising, but really, this quiz is about as far from validity as you can possibly get.

What do seasons and months and elements have to do with anything?