An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastimes For Stranded Novices

marigold

1 hour ago, Egeria said:

Marigold, I think it's roughly A5.

I know virtually nothing about embroidery and only used one stitch. I've just googled and I think it roughly the same as what is shown as stem stitch here (except that I tended to do them "straighter").

Thanks, Charbel. It was a long time ago and I did it between other things. But I seem to remember having the idea that if I worked on it all day it would have taken about two weeks...

Thanks!

On 11/13/2015, 3:50:57, Strictlyinkblot said:

Am gradually turning into a belligerent adolescent. I love my parents but they are driving me crazy.

Strictly, you must be into your final week(s) at your parents' now?! How is everything?

On 23/11/2015, 10:18:28, NadaTeTurbe said:

When I'm bored, I choose a random country (like by pointing my fingers on a world map, eyes closed), and then I read everything that I can find about this country. 

Or I test new cooking recipes. Do you know koulibiak ? It's a kind of brioche, with inside a mix of salmon, spinach, eggs, rice, and mushrooms. it's from Russia. It tooks at least 3 hours to do, 3 hours to clean up the kitchen after it, and 3 days to eat. We have an amazing recipe on my family, if you're interested :) 

Afficher l'image d'origine

(from the outside)

the inside : 

Afficher l'image d'origine

Good morning from England. I would really like to have your recipe. Some years ago I made Koulibiac but the recipe was not authentic, and I would love to make yours over Christmas. The Priest I look after would be delighted!

Thank you for going to so much trouble for us all and God Bless you and yours.

Hello, Bernadette (nice Patron Saint, btw ;) ), I posted the recipe on page 2. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There's various recipes of koulibiak, this one have the charasteristic to be very thick, with a lot of stuffing. In my family, we do koulibiak for christmas too :) I hope you enjoy it, God bless you ! 

Strictlyinkblot
On 11/30/2015, 2:25:17, marigold said:

Strictly, you must be into your final week(s) at your parents' now?! How is everything?

Hi Marigold, sorry I haven't replied sooner. The past two weeks have been particularly crazy. I can't believe I'm actually leaving on Friday! Am excited but scared and it feels so unreal. And my parents are still driving me crazy, in a good way (most of the time). I've got most of what I need but I still need to go and get a watch tomorrow. And a fluffy scarf, or hat, that's essential.