An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Be with France

Gabriela

Thank you Gabriela 

Okay, so first, all my family and friends are okay. Thanks be to God. 

There was several attacks around the same time, and around the same street. 
There was : 
*At the Bataclan Concert Hall, an hostage crisis. Some people say that there's a shooting going on right now ? At least 15 killed. The urgency is here. It's a very big concert hall. 
*At a cambodgian restaurant, a dozen killed (shooting)
*At 90, Charonne Street, something like 5 killed maybe ? No clear informations. A shooting too 
*Another shooting at Les Halles, but we don't know about the number of death 
*And there was an explosion (a kamikaze one), on the stadium of France, during the France-Allemagne football match. The target was President François Hollande 

The borders are closed. There's the "state of urgency", it's the first time since the Algeria war in the 60's. The army & police have many new rights. They can arrest who they want, search in the house, etc... All the soldiers (including reservist) are being mobilised. 
There's someone on TV explaining that France is, with Israel, the first country that ISIS hate. 
As you can see, everything is unclear. It's midnight here, so I'm following on a french newspaper, if you have any good english-speaking link, you can post here. 

prayers, prayers, prayers. 

According to the governement, there was seven simultaneous attacks. Seems like President Hollande was the main target ? 

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm admiring the current work of the soldiers, the President, the doctors, etc... Even the journalist. They are doing their best. 

Afficher l'image d'origine
Afficher l'image d'origine Sacred Heart of Jesus, hope and salvation of France. 

This world is scary. This will only escalate animosity between peoples (assuming it's islamic terrorism), which I'm sure is what some war-hungry peopel enjoy

There's nothing I can even really say.

Ice_nine, it's sure it is islamist terrorist. This week, the secret services had heard for ISIS that they wanted to do this week an important terrorist attack, like 9/11 in the US, and they wanted to do it in France. That's why the soldiers, police, policeman reacted so quickly, they knew something was coming. ISIS revendications have been heard by testimonies. 

It seems so unreal. They don't know the numbers about the Bataclan. It's a carnage. 

Gabriela, yes, it's a thing we joked about it all day. I don't know. It will depend if the terrorist are French and know about it, or not ? 

PhuturePriest

The last official count is 158 dead, and the number is expected to rise. There are 1,150 wounded as of the latest report. Survivors of one of the locations reported the terrorists shooting and throwing live hand grenades at hostages one by one. France has shut down its boarders and declared an official state of emergency, meaning military and police have total and unrestricted control. Five attackers are so far dead, with one under arrest saying "I was recruited by ISIS. This was an operation of ISIS."

Paris has enacted the first mandated curfew on the city since World War II.

The Hail Mary in French:

Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâces, le Seigneur est avec vous; vous ętes bénie entre toutes les femmes, et Jésus le fruit de vos entrailles, est béni. Sainte Marie, Mčre de Dieu, priez pour nous pécheurs, maintenant, et ŕ l'heure de notre mort. Amen.

There are several attackers still unaccounted for.

Edited by PhuturePriest