An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Formed": New Catholic Website

Gabriela

One of my parish's priests just sent out this:

Are you FORMED?

We are excited to announce that our parish has subscribed to a dynamic new online platform called FORMED. Every parishioner has 24/7 access to the best Catholic content on any device, including your computer, smartphone and tablet with internet access. With FORMED you'll find video programs that explain the Catholic faith, explore the deepest meaning of marriage, receive Bible studies on a variety of topics and includes inspiring audio talks. And you'll find presenters like Dr. Tim Gray, Dr. Edward Sri, Dr. Mary Healey, Chris Stefanick, Dr. Scott Hahn and a lot more. They're all part of our parish subscription. It truly is the Catholic faith - on demand.Just wondering: how many of you have smartphones; if you ever use tablets to look at the internet? How many of you have computers at home? If you are reading this then I know one or more of these is true!

Here's how easy it is to get FORMED: go to www.FORMED.org.

You should see the registration box for parishioners. Now type in the parish code ######. Then set up a username - whatever username you'll remember - and a password. You can keep it simple now and change it later if you want. Now you are all set to use all the great programs on FORMED.org anytime by simply logging in. It is that easy!

We've already used some of this content for RCIA and some youth retreats. All of it, books, videos, movies, bible studies... are at your finger tips; like a Catholic Netflix or Amazon. We've had a small trial audience of staff and volunteers try it out and things seems to be working great, so now it's time for you to log on and jump in!

I thought I'd mention it in case anyone wants to check it out and inform their parish admin about it.

Gabriela, 

Thank you for mentioning this!  I have had the opportunity to peak around that website and it really is a tremendous resource for both parishes and individuals.  We are sooooo very far behind in reaching the masses of un-formed, or under formed Catholics in the pews.  I really do hope that many parishes sign up and promote this to their parishioners because it can help.

I would strongly recommend people mention it to their pastors or parish admin.  Even if we here on phatmass already know everything about our faith (hahaha) and feel we don't need this...our parishes and the vast majority of Catholics in this country do.  It can help!   :)