An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has anyone heard of this community?

Sponsa-Christi

Sponsa-Christi

While I was google searching for something unrelated, I came across the website of this new community: http://daughtersofthevirginmother.com/about.html 

I was just wondering, has anyone heard of them before? (I'm asking for basically academic reasons---as a canonist it's very interesting for me read about new communities and what prompted their development.)

No I haven't, but the Sister in the habit looks awfully familiar to me, but can't place her or a name. Pax

You're right; she does look familiar.

Forgive me for conjecturing a bit..how about the former Sr. Mary Raphael of the Divine Physician, PCPA (Charlotte, NC & Hanceville)?  If so, what an amazing vocation journey!  Reminds me of Mother Teresa of Calcutta! 

Forgive me for conjecturing a bit..how about the former Sr. Mary Raphael of the Divine Physician, PCPA (Charlotte, NC & Hanceville)?  If so, what an amazing vocation journey!  Reminds me of Mother Teresa of Calcutta! 

Yes, I was thinking OLAM too!

I was captivated by the idea of spiritual motherhood for priests the first I heard of it.  It's a wonderful thing and it bears witness to the invisible realities of the economy of grace.

Marie Villalovos Smith

Now I know why she looks so familiar. I have watched her though all the different changes she has gone through. But until now I didn't know that she had moved to the Daughters of the Virgin Mary..God bless and keep her

So can it be a "community" with just one member? I thought a community had to have at least 3 to begin the process of recognition.

Yes, it indeed looks like the former Alison aka St. Marie St, Anne, PCPA aka Sr. Raphael, PCPA  I know she left Hanceville due to illness, but  I have no idea why she left Charlotte.  Mother never told me and I didn't ask.  She just said that she was no longer with them. Hmmmm

• beatitude locked this topic