An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thanksgiving - job offer!

beatitude

Please join me in thanksgiving for the job offer I received today. :) It's been a rough, exhausting, and uncertain time. I am still waiting for the outcome of two other interviews, but I think I will take the offer I have - I got a really good feeling about the place and the people when I was there. It's not even a position I originally applied for: my application was rerouted from the main children's services to the Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit, where, in the ward manager's words, "we look after kids no one else wants." She is not exaggerating - these young people have often been refused by other hospitals and passed around like a parcel, as their needs are so high and their risk is too great. Love for neglected children is a special concern for members of my secular institute, so I see God's hand in this. It will allow me to put down roots here, in the city where I've just found a spiritual director, and receive some solid formation. Deo gratias and thank you all for praying for me. You are in my prayers too.