An Old School Catholic Message Board

Burnings at the Stake

HisChildForever

Nihil Obstat
1 minute ago, Josh said:

I don't think God created us for that to happen nor do I think that's going to happen. The majority of the human race isn't going to hell. Am I going to hell? Quite possibly. The majority of the human race? No.

Did you just ignore my reply?

No I didn't. I'm saying if you don't think the majority of the human race is going to hell then I agree with you. If you do then I disagree. And again I will state there's a good chance I will go to hell but I'm an evil a-hole. I don't deny that.

And you didn't quote what I said before that. I never implied that I think God created us so everyone could go to hell. Yet if 98 % of the human race goes to hell then that's the case. 

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat
31 minutes ago, Josh said:

No I didn't. I'm saying if you don't think the majority of the human race is going to hell then I agree with you. If you do then I disagree. And again I will state there's a good chance I will go to hell but I'm an evil a-hole. I don't deny that.

And you didn't quote what I said before that. I never implied that I think God created us so everyone could go to hell. Yet if 98 % of the human race goes to hell then that's the case. 

No, that is incorrect. If anyone is saved it is through God's grace and mercy. For those who are damned they have none to blame but themselves. Because again, God does not owe you anything. He does not owe you comfort, He does not owe you a happy life. He does not owe you a life free from pain. And though He owes you none of those things, He offers something infinitely, unimaginably greater. 

There is no suffering on earth, none whatsoever, that can even compare in the faintest way to the sufferings of hell. Even the sufferings of Purgatory are far worse than anything you will find on earth. And yet through God's grace, which you and I do not deserve, we are offered joys that outweigh any and every amount of suffering you might possibly endure. There is literally no suffering on earth so great that would not be worth enduring for heaven.

We deserve hell, and by the grace of God we have been offered heaven.

12 hours ago, Josh said:

I'm very capable of viewing God as a Deity who can't stand us. Jesus changed that perception though. Please convince me how you can take the Revelation Christ gave us about the nature of God and show me how that can justify burning people at the stake. I'm fine with chalking it up as a mistake and how humans acted back then. I draw the line at defending it and pretending Jesus is cool with it and He advocated that kind of thing in the Gospels.

Both are evil.

true, but christians don't burn people at the stake anymore...  unlike abortions

Edited by little2add