An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Painted This?

Gabriela

hem-of-his-garment.jpg

I've used reverse image search and scoured the web. Cannot find the artist to save my life. If you can find a link where I can buy a print, double-props to you.

5 hours ago, little2add said:

It could be "the hem of his garment"

Nope. Tried that for hours last night and it only pulled up other paintings. :( 

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

There's a signature at the bottom of Jesus' sandal...

I tried zooming in to get a better look, seems like it's Jason (or something similar) and the last name looks like Wood. Tried googling that, couldn't find anything similar. 

dominicansoul

I thought it was "Greenwood" but it is a little hard to decipher...hopefully someone can help Gabriella out...my poor eyes can't see all that well anymore...

So far I can decipher ----nwood. As for my guesses about the first four letters: the first letter could be J or V, possibly G or F. Second letter could be a or o, maybe q. Third letter looks like c, maybe s. Fourth letter is probably e.

I also like the painting. Praying with this passage from the Gospel has been very powerful for me. :)

Edited by HopefulHeart

3 hours ago, Amppax said:

I tried zooming in to get a better look, seems like it's Jason (or something similar) and the last name looks like Wood. Tried googling that, couldn't find anything similar. 

Yep, I tried that, too. :(