Sign in to follow this  
chrysostom

discerning priesthood

Lou    4
Lou

If you're interested in carrying out a vocation as a choir monk, then I would highly recommend reading anything by Michael Casey ocso. He's pretty frank about community life but also utterly knowledgable on the initial call and the suitability of the candidate in their orientation towards the call. 'Strangers to the City' is a nice one to start with but there are others that follow beautifully. Anyone interested in Trappist or Benedictine life should give his writings a go, as should anyone discerning any call! It has such practical and spiritual advice.

I also graduate next spring and am probably in a similar RL dilemma but perhaps just half a step further along (I've visited!). If you want to PM, fell free. 

Antigonos    201
Antigonos

Just a thought, but I've been wondering where Phuture Priest [Miles, I think his name is] has wandered off to.  I remember that when I joined Phatmass he was about 15, and quite serious in pursuing his vocation, and later he mentioned seminary...but it's been a long time, and he used to be a prolific poster.  Anyone know anything?

chrysostom    830
chrysostom
4 hours ago, Lou said:

If you're interested in carrying out a vocation as a choir monk, then I would highly recommend reading anything by Michael Casey ocso. He's pretty frank about community life but also utterly knowledgable on the initial call and the suitability of the candidate in their orientation towards the call. 'Strangers to the City' is a nice one to start with but there are others that follow beautifully. Anyone interested in Trappist or Benedictine life should give his writings a go, as should anyone discerning any call! It has such practical and spiritual advice.

I also graduate next spring and am probably in a similar RL dilemma but perhaps just half a step further along (I've visited!). If you want to PM, fell free. 

Thanks! I'll look him up. I'll PM you later.

1 hour ago, Antigonos said:

Just a thought, but I've been wondering where Phuture Priest [Miles, I think his name is] has wandered off to.  I remember that when I joined Phatmass he was about 15, and quite serious in pursuing his vocation, and later he mentioned seminary...but it's been a long time, and he used to be a prolific poster.  Anyone know anything?

He's in seminary! He still posts in Open Mic.

Edited by chrysostom

Antigonos    201
Antigonos

Thanks!  Glad to hear he's persevering.  I don't go to Open Mic or Debate Table, after one of the threads was personally very offensive to me and I wasn't sure I could make a civil comment in regards to it.

Edited by Antigonos