An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

I had a funny experience last night...One of our residents was paged to come to the nurses office.  I was asked to help get her down...

I went up and she was in just a shirt, no pantaloons or robe to be found.  After a little while of looking around, I gave up and helped her wrap a blanket around her lower extremeness and head downstairs.

It was comical, the whole adventure and I'm tempted to write a little post about it. 

However, I'm not sure if I should.  Any thoughts (you know, respect for privacy - although I wouldn't mention a name)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

As we approach the wonderful feast of Corpus Christi, I couldn't resist reflecting upon this amesome gift of Jesus' Eucharistic presence! There is so much to say: where can I begin, or end? The Catechism of the Catholic Church (1324) calls the Eucharist "the source and summit of the Christian life...[f]or in the blessed Eucharist is contained the whole spiritual good of the Church, namely Christ himself, our Pasch." [ 593 more words. ]

https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/greatest-possible-reverence-and-honor

sr.christinaosf

Interested in getting our newsletter sent right to your inbox? It's as simple as filling out our form.
This months articles included: The Significance of the Rose, Old Maid Day, Saint of the Month—Boniface, June 8 is World Oceans Day, Nurses Notes—Body, Mind, & Spirit, What is a June Bug? and more.

I will always remember the first time I heard the St Ambrose story of how roses came to have thorns. It was one Christmas Eve when I was still very small, and my Grandma sat us down and shared with all my sisters and I why the roses had thorns. It gave me a greater love for Our Lady too because she explained to us that the Holy Virgin was just like a rose, but without thorns because she was without sin just like you said in the article Sister. Thank you for writing this, it gave me some wonderful childhood memories to remember!

sr.christinaosf

100 pounds of rhubarb!!!  No wonder I got  a blister!  I was going to show pictures but I can't seem to :(