An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Doubling Up

Have you ever noticed that, at times, a certain scriptural passage or theme seems to keep coming back to you? This happened to me today at vespers. This morning, our Bible study was based off last …

sr.christinaosf

My First Chapter!

Although I’ve been around our community of Franciscan Sisters for quite a while now, today was my first ever “Chapter of Affairs.”  That is because we only have these pre-election…

sr.christinaosf

Stored in His Flask

Little did I know, when I sat down to do ‘Reading Hour’ for our residents, that I would need my hankie! I had pulled a book out, at random, from my supply which Sr. Jean Louise had lent…

sr.christinaosf

Triduum Traditions

These upcoming days of the Paschal Tridium are a very special time.  For me, they are not an easy time, but they are a wondrous time.  They are full of traditions…traditions common to the Chu…

sr.christinaosf

Prayers requested

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel to our provincial house in Hankinson, ND, for elections for our Councillors and provincial superior. For me, this is an exciting time. I have never exper…

sr.christinaosf

Gathered Together in [His] Name

“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matt. 18:20) This past weekend, we experienced this truth as we met at our provincial house in Han…

sr.christinaosf

I Had a Talk with Julie

Here at St. Anne’s, making arrangements for train travel is not unheard of.  For some, including myself, driving a car to the desired destination is not an option.  (My vision does not allow …

sr.christinaosf

A Bit of Humble Pie

The beautiful, yet humbling words of Psalm 127 came to mind for me this evening. If the Lord does not build the house, in vain do its builders labor; if the Lord does not watch over the city, in va…

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

A Small Start…A New Start

Today, we started a new month – it’s May!  We hope that means warmer days, green grass, and blossoming trees. I returned Sunday evening from vacation and really “hit the ground ru…

sr.christinaosf

The Red Juice Incident

When Sister Christina was a postulant and novice, I had the pleasure of being her “on-the job-trainer”! The two of us worked in Housekeeping.  As you may guess through Sr. Christina’s blog, surely …

sr.christinaosf

Come, Holy Spirit!

We have a handy-dandy “cheat sheet” inside one of the shelving cabinets in the back of our chapel, advising us as to when we start those preparatory novenas which we are to pray prior t…