An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Which One?

Today is a day of ambiguities, you might say. This morning, for Morning Prayer, I was surprised that we used the full Office of St. Joseph; this celebration of St. Joseph the Worker is just an opti…

Dear Sr. Christina,

just to add to the confusion - I'm currently visiting friends in Bavaria and the mass today was in honor of "Mary, patron saint of Bavaria"! I had completely forgotten that this is not only a day off work here, but also a Catholic holiday!

sr.christinaosf

Dignity of Women

When I had just finished college, I was a volunteer publicity assistant for our parish’s Council of Catholic Women. One major undertaking I had in this role was creating a newsletter for the …

sr.christinaosf

Alleluia!!!

This morning, at Mass, I was struck by the continuing omnipresence of the word “alleluia” in the liturgies of the Easter season.  Even though our society put those chocolate bunnies on 

• 2 weeks later...
Gary david
38 minutes ago, sr.christinaosf said:

Thank you sister for sharing your past like that. It sounds like you have had a healthy and happy one.... except for your foot of course:(, another one of lifes lessons. I also spent much time at my grandparents farm many years ago, and your right, we carry these experiences with us all our lives. Glad to hear that your seedlings have done well, they have found good soil and haven't withered. I hope the rest of your crops do equally as well, and if not then you still had the pleasure of getting your hands full of God's precious soil.....as well as under your fingernails:hehe2:.

Thank you sister again for continuing your story of your seedlings progress.

God bless you sister.....

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

A Needed Novena

These days between the Ascension and Pentecost are a good reminder to us of something we should be conscious of throughout the year: the importance of frequent prayer to the Holy Spirit. Some peopl…

"Congratulations, Sister Elaine, on your 60th Jubilee of Religious Profession, and for your example of joy and gratitude to the rest of us.

I think your little fox is pretty cute, too!"

:like2:

sr.christinaosf

A Little Piece of Heaven

I just returned from our annual six-day retreat at our provincial house in Hankinson, North Dakota. Despite the fact that retreats are not always easy for me, I think it was, overall, a positive ex…

sr.christinaosf

I Kiss the Wounds

Happy Feast of Corpus Christi, everyone!!! This has always been a personal favorite of mine – I can’t help that my given name was/is Christina and I was born right around this feast day…