An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Pepto-Bismol Pink

Close to nine o’clock last evening, I was tying up loose ends over here at St. Anne’s, putting away my costume, checking things in chapel, and doing whatever else I had to do after a…

sr.christinaosf

Prayer for Life

Since the legalization of abortion 45 years ago, the pro-life cause has always been important to our Franciscan community.  Our Sisters have been dedicated to praying in front of the abortion clini…

sr.christinaosf

Third One’s the Charm?

Recently, we received one and then another obituary for our Sisters from Germany.  We had not begun our week of prayers for the first one before receiving notice that a second Sister had died.  By …

sr.christinaosf

Transformations

Lent is almost upon us!  It is a time of conversion, a time of sacrifice, a time for growth.  Might we even say: a time for transformation? As a sacristan, the days leading up to Lent are a time of…

sr.christinaosf

Veni Sancte Spiritus

I know it’s not a particularly Lenten prayer, but I have been trying to say the Veni Sancte Spiritus every day in preparation for our community’s upcoming “chapters.” In cas…

sr.christinaosf

“One Day at a Time”

This afternoon, I headed out of chapel.  I had finished up the prayer time missed by my inability to get out of bed promptly earlier this morning.  (Winter fatigue had gotten the better of me, I gu…

sr.christinaosf

Recreation?!

Last evening, after a day of receptionist duties and baking, it might have been nice to just “go home, sit down, and look pretty” (as Sr. Elaine sometimes says). However, this was not t…

sr.christinaosf

Smooth

I just returned from a weekend away, attending the winter retreat for my home parish’s youth group before spending a day or two with my folks. It was a wonderful time and I am so grateful for…

sr.christinaosf

Miles to Go!

This afternoon, I did not start my aide work around 4:30 as I usually do; I was detained by an important meeting until past our normal suppertime. After a quick meal and KP duty, we hustled off to …