sr.christinaosf

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf    504
sr.christinaosf

As we approach the wonderful feast of Corpus Christi, I couldn't resist reflecting upon this amesome gift of Jesus' Eucharistic presence! There is so much to say: where can I begin, or end? The Catechism of the Catholic Church (1324) calls the Eucharist "the source and summit of the Christian life...[f]or in the blessed Eucharist is contained the whole spiritual good of the Church, namely Christ himself, our Pasch." [ 593 more words. ]

https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/greatest-possible-reverence-and-honor

sr.christinaosf    504
sr.christinaosf

Interested in getting our newsletter sent right to your inbox? It's as simple as filling out our form.
This months articles included: The Significance of the Rose, Old Maid Day, Saint of the Month—Boniface, June 8 is World Oceans Day, Nurses Notes—Body, Mind, & Spirit, What is a June Bug? and more.

Charbel    352
Charbel

I will always remember the first time I heard the St Ambrose story of how roses came to have thorns. It was one Christmas Eve when I was still very small, and my Grandma sat us down and shared with all my sisters and I why the roses had thorns. It gave me a greater love for Our Lady too because she explained to us that the Holy Virgin was just like a rose, but without thorns because she was without sin just like you said in the article Sister. Thank you for writing this, it gave me some wonderful childhood memories to remember!

sr.christinaosf    504
sr.christinaosf

100 pounds of rhubarb!!!  No wonder I got  a blister!  I was going to show pictures but I can't seem to :(  

BarbaraTherese    1,912
BarbaraTherese

Still don't have any props. 

We are also exhorted to: “keep the example of the Blessed Virgin Mary…ever before [our] eyes.”  I wonder what kind of experiences she might have had baking!

I smiled when I read the above.  I wonder if Mary in Nazareth had the same experience as me - sometimes success, sometimes failure.  I tend to think that she did since a flop in the baking endeavour is not sinful but rather quite human except of course for a Gordon Ramsay type of skill - but then perhaps Our Lady was thus skilled.......

.......although I know that I am totally alone in my most Aussie of terminology when I do have a complete flop.

vee    4,728
vee

Not being the first one to wonder what would the Holy Family's diet have been like I googled it.  For fruit they had pomegranates, grapes, figs, and dates.  No rhubarb though!

sr.christinaosf    504
sr.christinaosf

We're getting ready to celebrate the feast of our patroness, St. Anne.

This evening, I was working on our July newsletter (which I try to publish at the end of the preceding month).  We have a week of dress up theme days, which are lots of fun, including sports day, miss-match day, etc.

We also usually have a little dance for our residents.  We have the special memorial Mass as well. 

If anyone else has any fun ideas, please do share them.  Thanks.