An Old School Catholic Message Board

Republican Debates

Basilisa Marie

I like Rubio. He can actually form a complete sentence, which is fairly rare for a Republican candidate. I dunno about his experience though. Seems like one of the governors would be a better bet there.

As a non-American Catholic, I think Rubio is my favourite. Personally, I would not even call him the best of bad choices. I think he would legitimately be a good president for all y'all.

Edit: Because of that, I doubt he will get the nomination.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

I think Trump has a very good chance of winning the nomination. Many experts predict he doesn't have long term sustainability as we draw nearer to the Republican primary but a "fading out" has been predicted for months and it hasn't happened. I think as we near the primary his support will only grow as he connects strongly with the base and many Americans where as the establishment is totally disconnected. #trump2016

From tumblr : 

• Trump: In case there was still anyone wondering whether or not I was an insane psychopath who supported the murders of innocent people, I would like to clear up that I am. How do like my new toilet paper? It's The Constitution!
  • Cruz: Agree with most of Trump's stupid policies but don't want your friends to ostracize you for supporting a racist, fascist, psychopathic lunatic? Then try me: Diet Trump! All the stupidity, none of the guilt! :D
  • Fiorina: Here are a list of pre-recorded speeches I was trained to repeat no matter how little they have to do with the question I was asked. I'm also going to quote Margaret Thatcher and make other oh-so-clever references to my possession of a vagina. You can't get mad, though, since it's not even one billionth as annoying as when Hillary does it.
  • Carson: Zzzzzzz... *snrk* Oh! Um... Writing a book makes me qualified to be president?
  • Christie: I'm not going to lay out any clear-cut policies because it's much easier to bluster on about how tired the American people are of politicians blustering on about things instead of offering any clear-cut policies.
  • Kasich: Me and that dude on the Democrat side who is basically a moderate Republican should just switch places.
  • Bush: Heh. Remember when I was favored to win this thing? Those were good times. I say some reasonably intelligent things from time to time, but then I get caught up in pointless bickering with Trump and people remember how irrelevant I am.
  • Paul: I am an isolationist with a pretty selective understanding of history. Regime toppling is always bad. Always. We probably should've let Hitler just do his thing and I don't know what Reagan was thinking tearing down that wall or whatever. Remember, the United States definitely doesn't have a history of helping support human rights worldwide.
  • Rubio: Well, since I'm one of the few people on the stage capable of acting like a grown-up, I guess I'll just continue to intelligently outline my policies and rebut the constant petty attacks from my opponents and even the moderators.

( (c) proudblackconservative : 

http://proudblackconservative.tumblr.com/ ) 

No one has cast a single vote yet, so to say the Trump should drop out is premature. 

Rubio has far too much baggage with his ties to the GOP establishment, his non-existant Senatorial record (his only bill was the gang of 8 bill that thankfully failed) and has shown himself to be quite the liar. I have lost all regard for him as have those who helped him get elected to Senator (https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/12/the-rubio-campaigns-unseemly-alinsky-tactics-against-cruz)

GOP establishment is what is up for voting this cycle and thus far they are doing their best to keep as many RINOS in the race (Bush, Kasich, Rubio, Christie, & Graham).

The greatest thing about Trump is that he has derailed both the narrative coming from the Obama administration and the GOP establishment. Will he end up the nominee? I doubt it, but at least the focus is now on real issues this country is facing other than the straw ones (income inequality, weather, LGBT rights, "fairness", war on women) that have gotten us an impotent current administration, not once, but twice!

2 minutes ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Florida....

I miss Tim Russert :(

636ebab654dfae19_Florida-Tim-Russert.xla

Maybe we will get some more hanging chad action this time around. Do they have computers yet?

2 hours ago, StMichael said:

No one has cast a single vote yet, so to say the Trump should drop out is premature. 

Rubio has far too much baggage with his ties to the GOP establishment, his non-existant Senatorial record (his only bill was the gang of 8 bill that thankfully failed) and has shown himself to be quite the liar. I have lost all regard for him as have those who helped him get elected to Senator (https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/12/the-rubio-campaigns-unseemly-alinsky-tactics-against-cruz)

GOP establishment is what is up for voting this cycle and thus far they are doing their best to keep as many RINOS in the race (Bush, Kasich, Rubio, Christie, & Graham).

The greatest thing about Trump is that he has derailed both the narrative coming from the Obama administration and the GOP establishment. Will he end up the nominee? I doubt it, but at least the focus is now on real issues this country is facing other than the straw ones (income inequality, weather, LGBT rights, "fairness", war on women) that have gotten us an impotent current administration, not once, but twice!

If almost all of the Republican candidates are "RINO" would that not make people with other views the "Republicans in Name Only"?

Wasn't Trump a Democrat like 3 and a half years ago?

Wasn't he pro-abortion like 5 years ago? What if he changes his mind again?

I've followed Rubio for a while and it's pretty hard for me to see him as anything other than an empty suit. Rand Paul impressed me; it's a decision for me between the only two fellows on the stage who opposed the Bush-style regime change that has been so devastating for certain areas of the world. OK, Trump did as well, but he's far too much of a crass hothead to get my vote.

Our goal should be our own safety, both physical and economic, not fighting the wars of other peoples. The American people have bigger issues to deal with; in Paul's words, "you don't project strength from bankruptcy court."

2 minutes ago, bardegaulois said:

Our goal should be our own safety, both physical and economic, not fighting the wars of other peoples. The American people have bigger issues to deal with; in Paul's words, "you don't project strength from bankruptcy court."

I dunno about all that. You pretty much need the American military to police the world as we have been doing since the end of the second world war. You would probably end up with chaos around the world otherwise. Japan and China would be blowing each other up left and right if we weren't in there. Same with plenty of other situations.