An Old School Catholic Message Board

#thanksconvent ... I kinda thought this was a great idea!

Catherine Therese

Catherine Therese

Hi everyone... not sure if those others among you who, like me, follow the Leonie's Longing website have come across this: http://www.leonieslonging.org/thanksconvent/ - the idea is that for all of us who have lived religious life at any stage, we may wish to consider some of the wonderful things for which we're grateful... things that we wouldn't have had/learned/etc if not for having been called to seriously consider and live religious life for a while. 

I personally thought this was a great, positive way to look at things. It really is so challenging coming back to the world, and it's easy to get bogged down in the emotional difficulties, the transition, the practical challenges etc... I was so encouraged that there was an outlet for looking at things with gratitude and joy! 

There have been things as random as learning how to fold fitted sheets all the way through to learning Spanish, making dear friends, etc. 

For anyone who's having a rough time post-convent, check it out and it may help you to crack a smile! You might even have things that you'd like to post yourself!! 

I think they're running it on their website, AND Twitter, AND Facebook, so choose your fave platform and check it out :)

#thanksconvent