An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ordered Humor - Fresh Start

Luigi

• 2 weeks later...

From the Dominican nuns of Blessed Sacrament monastery in Farmington HIlls, Michigan: 

Monastery of the Blessed Sacrament added 7 new photos.

February 12 · 

Sr. Mary Catherine, who makes her own suet cakes, was frustrated in her attempts to keep animals away from the bird feeder. The aluminum pie tins she strategically located around the feeder were not working so Sr. Faustina Marie thought some proper signage might help. Within hours, three squirrels visited the feeder and all 3 turned around - so, even if they can't read, what other conclusion can you draw?

image.png.4b938019ffa0d0ede027e8c2f2b8ee78.png

• 3 weeks later...

From the monks of St. Benedict's Abbey in Kansas (the abbot's degree is in mass communications, I think, so he has experience in film-making). It's sort of an infomercial for the Rule of St. Benedict. It's very well done.

From the monks' Facebook page: (The phone number is totally fake – but the book is very much real, get your copy here: https://www.kansasmonks.org/shop/the-rule-of-st-benedict)

https://www.facebook.com/kansasmonks/videos/1657530700992398/

Edited by Luigi

• 3 months later...

From the chronicler at Mount SAvior Benedictine monastery in upstate New York, writing in the June 2018 newsletter: 

Our Chaplin Father Don had a close encounter with a black bear at his quarters as it passed through the property on the 13th. Neither took the opportunity to get to know one other better.

From Father Chronicler at Calvary Trappist Abbey in eastern Canada:

10 July, 2018 - In chapter, [Brother] Steve pointed out that tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the repair shop fire; and someone suggested we have a barbecue outside to mark the moment.

From the Dominican Promoter of Vocations for the Central Province, from his personal (not OP) Facebook page: 

Jude McPeak

June 28 at 10:09 AM · 

A few of my friends received notifications from a fake Facebook profile pretending to be me! Fortunately the account was reported and deactivated. I don't know who was pretending to be me, but I suspect the Jesuits were trying to infiltrate the order. But I don't have any evidence to prove this . . . yet.

Edited by Luigi