An Old School Catholic Message Board

DO YOU BELIEVE IN A LITERAL BABY JESUS

little2add

• 7 months later...

The Immaculate Conception refers to Our Blessed Mother's conception, not Jesus. That is a dogma of the Catholic Church. We celebrate her Immaculate Conception on December 8. Please note, the moment of our Dear Lord's conception is on March 25, the feast of the Annunciation. We can find this encounter in the Gospel of Luke 1: 26-38. Since Mary's cousin Elizabeth was in the 6th month of her pregnancy and we celebrate the Nativity of Jesus on December 25, we celebrate the Nativity of St. John the Baptist on June 24th. Which is fitting because we find in Matthew 3:1-12, John the Baptist was in the desert proclaiming about the Lord's coming. 

Our Lord could have come in anyway, but he chose to be born of a woman so he can experience all that we experience - from the moment of conception until the day of our death. It is also proclaimed in scripture, especially Mark 10:13-16 that we must be childlike and if we do not recieve the kingdom of God like a child, we shall not enter it. 

Basically, a person to deny that our Lord came to be as a little child, born of a woman, also denies the Immaculate Conception, the Annunciation, and also the Eucharist/Mass. When you deny this, you are calling God a liar (1 John 4:1-21).

The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament. As the Birth of Our Lord has been foretold throughout the Old Testament, especially in Isaiah 7:14. essentially, from Genesis to Revelation, the relationship between woman and child is present. 

I know my answer is not fully detailed, but I encourage anyone doubting the literal presence of baby Jesus to ask the Lord for the grace to understand how he Came to be. 

Also, reading John Chapter 1 and meditating on this scripture will be helpful. 

I will keep you in prayer. God bless you. 

• 3 months later...

The other day I was looking at a picture of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, which as you guys know,  traditionally shows her holding the baby Jesus in her arms. I know a lot of saints have seen her like that, and she even let some of them hold Him at times, right?  Wow....what struck me the other day was the blessing God has given Mary to be able to hold her Baby again.  I honestly have wished for that at times, unreasonable as it is, wished I could have my kids back just for a minute, as babies, so i could squeeze them.  I guess it's my age ;) I am a grandma now.  But it got my heart when He let me see this, how He has blessed Mary with this gift.