An Old School Catholic Message Board

Half Of Priest And Bishops Are Gay

15 hours ago, Papist said:

I am very curious to hear how a priest's sexual desire for adolescent boys goes away by simply being married to a woman? 

15 hours ago, Josh said:

Most and I stress the word MOST men who are married to woman (attracted to women) aren't attracted to any males whether they are boys or teenage boys. Or adults. I'm from the Midwest. That's the way it is here. Maybe it's different other places.

That is very interesting about most men. But, I am still curious to hear how a priest's sexual desire for adolescent boys goes away by simply being married to a woman? 

To add a follow-up regarding married or homosexual priests, Sandro Magister talks a little bit about that today: http://chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it/articolo/1351206?eng=y

I certainly hope Pope Francis has learned from the lesson of the last synod and, for the sake of the unity of the Church, doesn't call another one on this topic.

2 hours ago, Papist said:

That is very interesting about most men. But, I am still curious to hear how a priest's sexual desire for adolescent boys goes away by simply being married to a woman? 

You're confusing me? Why are you under the assumption that most or a majority of married men are attracted to males? You keep saying adolescent boys as if the victim being male has nothing to do with it. I like women. I'm attracted to women. Males are not attractive to me. Never. Not even one day a year. Most men who are married may deal with the temptation of cheating with another woman but usually not another guy. Unless they're gay. I don't see what is so difficult to understand about this? Sincerely 100% straight men are never attracted to grown men,teenage men or boys. I'm not attacking gay people. I understand it's a very difficult cross. They have my prayers. Although I don't think gay men should be Priest. Even if they're celibate.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist
20 minutes ago, Josh said:

You're confusing me? Why are you under the assumption that most or a majority of married men are attracted to males? You keep saying adolescent boys as if the victim being male has nothing to do with it. I like women. I'm attracted to women. Males are not attractive to me. Never. Not even one day a year. Most men who are married may deal with the temptation of cheating with another woman but usually not another guy. Unless they're gay. I don't see what is so difficult to understand about this? Sincerely 100% straight men are never attracted to grown men,teenage men or boys. I'm not attacking gay people. I understand it's a very difficult cross. They have my prayers. Although I don't think gay men should be Priest. Even if they're celibate.

What Papist is asking is how do you fix the problem of the homosexual desire for adolescent boys by some priests with allowing priests to marry?

Also, allowing priests to marry will not fix the problem. If allowing priests to marry would fix the problem, other christian sects where pastors are allowed to marry, wouldn't have the same problem of sexual abuse of minors.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/29/protestants-abuse-catholics-methodist-church

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/protestant-sex-abuse-boz-tchividijian_n_4019347.html

http://shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/

Edited by KnightofChrist

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why is it then that you said earlier: "I've wanted married Priest to be allowed for awhile now. I think it would help this problem [homosexual or pederastic clergy] greatly"? Because now you're saying in the above that it won't. It's hard for me to see what it is that you are actually asserting here.

14 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

Who said anything about making priests with SSA hide? No one here has said that. I have no issue with a priest being open about his SSA. So long as he remains faithful to his promise of celibacy, I think such a thing would be a great inspiration for others who struggle. I can't wait for the day we canonize the first saint who openly had same-sex attraction and used it to inspire others who struggle with it to strive for holiness. 

i forgot where I was, and that everything said on here is taken as being exactly literal, yes you are right, no where is it written in bloody stone that homosexuals are forced to hide while in the seminary or priesthood.

you want a few homosexual saints ...Saints Sergius and Bacchus, and Saint Sebastian ( though Sebastian is more of an unofficial patron saint for homosexuals ) Though for some reason I have to imagine this is not what you meant and are meaning recent history or currently in the world.There was at one point blessings for homosexual couples, though that I only found out through a priest through a brief discussion and would have to go through extra lengths to prove he actually said so now it is just hearsay .  The bolded, is where the problem with the faith is. An is exactly emphasizing a larger issue. That homosexuality is an " it " that homosexuals are "struggling" with. An points back to the confusion that the Church constantly teaches and the double standards it emphasizes.   I may have confused the debate by adding the comment on heterosexual priests marrying, and that was not intended, but an emphasis that society tries to use that as the answer to ending crimes committed by homosexual priests / clergy. This debate and the guilt behind it will never end because justice will not be served, until all involved are tried in a court and put behind bars for some period of time and removed from all positions in the Church.

16 minutes ago, bardegaulois said:

Why is it then that you said earlier: "I've wanted married Priest to be allowed for awhile now. I think it would help this problem [homosexual or pederastic clergy] greatly"? Because now you're saying in the above that it won't. It's hard for me to see what it is that you are actually asserting here.

I'm more confused now lol I think it WOULD help. More straight men as Priest. Less Gay men as Priest. If half the clergy are truly homosexual then we need to find more straight men to be Priest. Most (not all) married men don't like guys. So that's why I think married Priest is a good idea. Knight has some studies above that supposedly say otherwise. I haven't had time to check them out yet.

What's wrong with just insisting Catholic priests be chaste and celibate, rather than having a sexual orientation? That's the way it stands now; why convolute it further? Celibacy, moreover, confers amazing blessings with it. Allowing priests to marry would just make them more worldly, and I dare say they're worldly enough to begin with nowadays.

1 minute ago, bardegaulois said:

What's wrong with just insisting Catholic priests be chaste and celibate, rather than having a sexual orientation? That's the way it stands now; why convolute it further? Celibacy, moreover, confers amazing blessings with it. Allowing priests to marry would just make them more worldly, and I dare say they're worldly enough to begin with nowadays.

Well what's wrong is the major scandal and cover up that happened and the assertion by Voris that HALF of the Priest are gay. Maybe Voris is wrong and that's not the case. I don't know. The reason I support married Priest is because it's a clear strategy at getting straight men into the Priesthood. I don't think ANY homosexuals should be Priest. If I'm incorrect in thinking this I'm humble enough to be corrected. Again I'm not trying to come off as anti gay. My prayers are with my homosexual brothers and sisters. Although this whole situation is really embarrassing not to mention all the pain it has caused the victims.

PhuturePriest
16 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm more confused now lol I think it WOULD help. More straight men as Priest. Less Gay men as Priest. If half the clergy are truly homosexual then we need to find more straight men to be Priest. Most (not all) married men don't like guys. So that's why I think married Priest is a good idea. Knight has some studies above that supposedly say otherwise. I haven't had time to check them out yet.

But allowing priests to marry does not fix the problem of pedophile priests. All allowing priests to marry would do is allow the heterosexual ones to marry. The pedophiles would remain celibate, or even if they didn't, they would still abuse children. So unless you are proposing mandatory marriage on priests, allowing priests to marry does not help the issue whatsoever.

In all honesty, I think you are simplifying a very complex issue. Pedophiles can be both straight and gay. Pedophilia is a sexual disorder.

Edited by PhuturePriest

7 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

But allowing priests to marry does not fix the problem of pedophile priests. All allowing priests to marry would do is allow the heterosexual ones to marry. The pedophiles would remain celibate, or even if they didn't, they would still abuse children. So unless you are proposing mandatory marriage on priests, allowing priests to matter does not help the issue whatsoever.

I see your point of view but disagree with the assertion "it does not help the issue whatsoever" If half the Priest really are homosexuals then it would have no choice but to help. You would have straight Priest who wouldn't of considered being Priest before. I see the downside of a Priest being married although with the current set of circumstances I see the great benefit as well.

Edited by Guest

PhuturePriest
1 minute ago, Josh said:

I see your point of view but disagree with the assertion "it does not help the issue whatsoever" If half the Priest really are homosexuals then it would have no choice but to help. You would have Priest who wouldn't if been Priest before. I see the downside of a Priest being married although with the current set of circumstances I see the great benefit as well.

Having married clergy does not help raise interest in the priesthood. If it did, then priests in Eastern rites would have priests as far as the eye could see. As it is, they don't have an abundance of priests, either. 

If you don't want to be a priest badly enough to take on celibacy, then you simply don't want it badly enough. No amount of bribing you with a wife will persuade you. And let's be honest, it's not even having a wife. Many people advocate for married clergy because they think priests having sex will curb issues of pedophilia, so really when people say "We should let priests marry!" what they really mean is "Let priests have sex!"

Can we stop pretending that the Priest being a pedophile has nothing to do with them being homosexual? It has everything to do with it. And that the Priesthood attracts that many homosexuals(50%) is a problem. As a lay Catholic I find it really disturbing. It's a huge problem. That the Church tried to cover this all up is disgusting.

KnightofChrist
6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Can we stop pretending that the Priest being a pedophile has nothing to do with them being homosexual? It has everything to do with it. And that the Priesthood attracts that many homosexuals(50%) is a problem. As a lay Catholic I find it really disturbing. It's a huge problem. That the Church tried to cover this all up is disgusting.

Well, not everything but a great deal that many want to ignore or explain away. For example from an 2010 article at Renew America,

• Homosexual Alfred Kinsey, the USA's preeminent sexual researcher, found in 1948 that 37 percent of all male homosexuals admitted to having sex with children under 17 years old. [7]

• A recent study published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "The best epidemiological evidence indicates that only 2 - 4% of men attracted to adults prefer men. In contrast, around 25 - 40% of men attracted to children prefer boys. Thus, the rate of homosexual attraction is 6-20 times higher among pedophiles." [8]

• Another recent study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "... all but 9 of the 48 homosexual men preferred the youngest two male age categories." These age categories were fifteen and twenty years old. [9]

• A third study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "Pedophilia appears to have a greater than chance association with two other statistically infrequent phenomena. The first of these is homosexuality ... Recent surveys estimate the prevalence of homosexuality, among men attracted to adults, in the neighborhood of 2%. In contrast, the prevalence of homosexuality among pedophiles may be as high as 30 - 40%." [10]

• A study in the Journal of Sex Research noted that "... the proportion of sex offenders against male children among homosexual men is substantially larger than the proportion of sex offenders against female children among heterosexual men ... the development of pedophilia is more closely linked with homosexuality than with heterosexuality." [11]

• A study of 229 convicted child molesters published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "eighty-six percent of [sexual] offenders against males described themselves as homosexual or bisexual." [12]

• A study by The Institute for Sex Research, which was founded by Alfred Kinsey, determined that 25% of white homosexual men have had sex with boys sixteen years and younger. [13]

Sources:

[7]  Alfred Kinsey data described in P.H. Gebhard and A.B. Johnson. The Kinsey Data. Saunders Publishing, 1979. Table 443, "Homosexual Sample: Age at First Postpubertal Homosexual Contact," and Table 444, "Homosexual Sample: Age of Partner in First Postpubertal Homosexual Contact." Even though much of Kinsey's research has been thoroughly discredited, his enduring primacy in the field of 'sexology' means that sex educators and others involved in human sexuality study his material intensively, and have therefore been aware of the strong link between homosexuality and pedophilia for more than six decades.

[8]  Ray Blanchard, et al. "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles." Archives of Sexual Behavior, October 2000 [Volume 29, Number 5], pages 463-478, p. 464.

[9]  A. Zebulon, Z.A. Silverthorne and Vernon L. Quinsey. "Sexual Partner Age Preferences of Homosexual and Heterosexual Men and Women." Archives of Sexual Behavior, February 2000 [Volume 29, Number 1], pages 67-76, p. 73.

[10]  Ray Blanchard, et. al. "Pedophiles: Mental Retardation, Maternal Age, and Sexual Orientation." Archives of Sexual Behavior, April 1999 [Volume 28, Number 2], pages 111-127, p. 112.

[11]  Kurt Freund, Robin Watson and Douglas Rienzo. "Heterosexuality, Homosexuality, and Erotic Age Preference." Journal of Sex Research, February 1989 [Volume 26, Number 1], pages 107-117, p. 115.

[12]  W.D. Erickson, et al. "Behavior Patterns of Child Molesters." Archives of Sexual Behavior, February 1988 [Volume 17, Number 1], pages 77-86, p. 83.

[13]  Alan P. Bell, et. al., Institute for Sex Research. Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women [New York City: Simon and Schuster], 1978. Appendix C, Table 7, "Sexual Partnerships," page 311.

10 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Well, not everything but a great deal that many want to ignore or explain away. For example from an 2010 article at Renew America,

• Homosexual Alfred Kinsey, the USA's preeminent sexual researcher, found in 1948 that 37 percent of all male homosexuals admitted to having sex with children under 17 years old. [7]

• A recent study published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "The best epidemiological evidence indicates that only 2 - 4% of men attracted to adults prefer men. In contrast, around 25 - 40% of men attracted to children prefer boys. Thus, the rate of homosexual attraction is 6-20 times higher among pedophiles." [8]

• Another recent study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "... all but 9 of the 48 homosexual men preferred the youngest two male age categories." These age categories were fifteen and twenty years old. [9]

• A third study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "Pedophilia appears to have a greater than chance association with two other statistically infrequent phenomena. The first of these is homosexuality ... Recent surveys estimate the prevalence of homosexuality, among men attracted to adults, in the neighborhood of 2%. In contrast, the prevalence of homosexuality among pedophiles may be as high as 30 - 40%." [10]

• A study in the Journal of Sex Research noted that "... the proportion of sex offenders against male children among homosexual men is substantially larger than the proportion of sex offenders against female children among heterosexual men ... the development of pedophilia is more closely linked with homosexuality than with heterosexuality." [11]

• A study of 229 convicted child molesters published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that "eighty-six percent of [sexual] offenders against males described themselves as homosexual or bisexual." [12]

• A study by The Institute for Sex Research, which was founded by Alfred Kinsey, determined that 25% of white homosexual men have had sex with boys sixteen years and younger. [13]

Sources:

[7]  Alfred Kinsey data described in P.H. Gebhard and A.B. Johnson. The Kinsey Data. Saunders Publishing, 1979. Table 443, "Homosexual Sample: Age at First Postpubertal Homosexual Contact," and Table 444, "Homosexual Sample: Age of Partner in First Postpubertal Homosexual Contact." Even though much of Kinsey's research has been thoroughly discredited, his enduring primacy in the field of 'sexology' means that sex educators and others involved in human sexuality study his material intensively, and have therefore been aware of the strong link between homosexuality and pedophilia for more than six decades.

[8]  Ray Blanchard, et al. "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles." Archives of Sexual Behavior, October 2000 [Volume 29, Number 5], pages 463-478, p. 464.

[9]  A. Zebulon, Z.A. Silverthorne and Vernon L. Quinsey. "Sexual Partner Age Preferences of Homosexual and Heterosexual Men and Women." Archives of Sexual Behavior, February 2000 [Volume 29, Number 1], pages 67-76, p. 73.

[10]  Ray Blanchard, et. al. "Pedophiles: Mental Retardation, Maternal Age, and Sexual Orientation." Archives of Sexual Behavior, April 1999 [Volume 28, Number 2], pages 111-127, p. 112.

[11]  Kurt Freund, Robin Watson and Douglas Rienzo. "Heterosexuality, Homosexuality, and Erotic Age Preference." Journal of Sex Research, February 1989 [Volume 26, Number 1], pages 107-117, p. 115.

[12]  W.D. Erickson, et al. "Behavior Patterns of Child Molesters." Archives of Sexual Behavior, February 1988 [Volume 17, Number 1], pages 77-86, p. 83.

[13]  Alan P. Bell, et. al., Institute for Sex Research. Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women [New York City: Simon and Schuster], 1978. Appendix C, Table 7, "Sexual Partnerships," page 311.

Wow