An Old School Catholic Message Board

the Martin family

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

I'm putting this here because its a family of religious vocations. Does anyone else just love them? What a holy family! Its like a family of Saints and so much virtue. I want to find more books on them. Anyway I'm wondering can we ask even the ones who are not canonised for prayers like with our vocation? 

Of course we can have a devotion to St Therese and I do! She's probably my favourite Saint. 

There are several Saints I really love but she was the first one I had a devotion to and very special for some reasons. 

AveMariaPurissima

St. Thérèse is one my favorites too...she and I go waaaaay back! :love:

I haven't read it, but there's this book, The Story of a Family: The Home of St. Therese of Lisieux by Rev. Fr. Stephane-Joseph Piat (Amazon link)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine that we can pray to the non-canonized family members as well.  If we were only allowed to ask the intercession of already canonized saints, we would never get any new saints being canonized! (since part of the process is a confirmed miracle through the person's intercession.)

DominicanHeart

I adore them all. One of the Carmelite Orders I am in touch with sent me a Holy card of the whole family! It's amazing 

2 hours ago, DominicanHeart said:

I adore them all. One of the Carmelite Orders I am in touch with sent me a Holy card of the whole family! It's amazing 

I think you should change your name and profile pic! :P

(its ok I love both Orders too)

Yes you can pray to them ! In fact, they opened the process of beatification for Léonie ! She's a venerable now, and she needs a miracle to be called "blessed" so pray her and make other people pray her :) 

(vee, I love your image !) 

MarysLittleFlower
42 minutes ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

Yes you can pray to them ! In fact, they opened the process of beatification for Léonie ! She's a venerable now, and she needs a miracle to be called "blessed" so pray her and make other people pray her :) 

(vee, I love your image !) 

oh so she's progressed from Servant of God? :) if that's true that's so great!!

I just had something really cool happen to me :D

I went to the church to where we have a statue of St Therese and I asked her for prayers and Leonie and the whole Martin family. I really wanted to find a picture of them all.. then I went to the Basilica we have in the city to visit their library/bookstore and look for a picture, and right there in the 'free' section was a booklet about the Martin family with pictures and another one on St Therese!!  :love:

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

Woups, I'm wrong, she's still a Servant of God, and there's a prayer so she can became a Venerable. I'm too enthusiastic !

The prayer for Leonie's intercession,  asking that she might be named "Venerable"

Dear Leonie our Sister,

You have already intervened with God on our behalf,

and we would  like to be able to pray to you officially, 

so that many more might know you.

Come to the aid of parents who risk losing a child, 

as you nearly died at a very young age.

Continue to uphold the families 

where different generations  

have problems living together in peace.

Enlighten youth who question their future  

and hesitate to commit.

Show to all the way of prayer 

which permits you to bear your limitations 

and your difficulties with confidence, 

and to give yourself to others.

Lord, if such is your will,

deign to accord us the grace that we ask of you 

through the intercession of your servant Léonie, and

inscribe her among the number of the venerable of your Church.

Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.  Amen.

Imprimatur: March 25, 2012

+ Jean-Claude Boulanger
    Bishop of Bayeux-Lisieux

Persons who receive favors by the intercession of Léonie Martin, 
in religion Sister Françoise-Thérèse, are asked to make them known  to the Monastery of the Visitation:

Monastery of the Visitation 
3 rue de l'Abbatiale 
14000 CAEN  
FRANCE

translated by Maureen O'Riordan.
Permission is granted to reproduce the prayer without alteration.  Please include this language:  "translated by Maureen O'Riordan forleoniemartin.org."  If you repost the prayer online, please include a live link to leoniemartin.org.

leoniemartin.org