An Old School Catholic Message Board

Servant of God, Venerable or Blessed who need our prayers to become Saints

NadaTeTurbe

A tread to share our favorite "saints-to-be" ! Feel free to add yours :) I love learning about holy men and women ! 

Servant of God Léonie Martin, sister of St Therese, "poor Léonie" : http://leoniemartin.org/ (history of his life & formal prayer). Can be pray especially for expecting parents, parents of difficult children, difficulties in religious vocations. 

SisterF-Tface.jpg

Dear Léonie our Sister,

You have already intervened with God on our behalf,

and we would  like to be able to pray to you officially,

so that many more might know you.

Come to the aid of parents who risk losing a child,

as you nearly died at a very young age.

Continue to uphold the families

where different generations have problems living together in peace.

Enlighten youth who question their future and hesitate to commit.

Show to all the way of prayer

which permits you to bear your limitations and your difficulties with confidence,

and to give yourself to others.

Lord, if such is your will,

deign to accord us the grace that we ask of you

through the intercession of your servant Léonie,

and inscribe her among the number of the venerable of your Church.

Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.  Amen.

Imprimatur: March 25, 2012

†  Jean-Claude Boulanger

Bishop of Bayeux-Lisieux

Persons who receive favors by the intercession of Léonie Martin,

in religion Sister Françoise-Thérèse,

are asked to make them known to the Monastery of the Visitation:

Monastery of the Visitation

3 rue de l’Abbatiale

14000 CAEN

FRANCE

Permission is granted to reproduce this translation of the prayer without alteration.  Please include the language "translated by Maureen O'Riordan for leoniemartin.org."  If you repost the prayer online, please include a live link to leoniemartin.org.

Venerable Claire de Castelbajachttp://www.clairval.com/lettres/en/2003/10/07/2081003.htm Young Catholic girl who was "in fire" with God. Formal prayer : 

O God of Love, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we adore you and give you thanks for having given us in Claire de Castelbajac a model of Christian life.  Your grace led her to discover that our vocation to happiness already begins here on earth.

We ask you, through the intercession of our heavenly Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, whom Claire loved so much, the glorification of Claire on earth, so that the secret of her joy, rooted in love and trust in God, will illuminate our time, shine on young people and raise up many fervent vocations of love.

Also grant, through her intercession, the grace that we ask you to give, Father, in your merciful love: ...

Amen.

180px-Castelbajac.jpg

Servant of God, Father Augustus Tolton, first black priest recognized in the US http://www.toltoncanonization.org/default.htm 

O God, * we give you thanks for your servant and priest, Father Augustus Tolton, * who labored among us in times of contradiction,* times that were both beautiful and paradoxical. *  His ministry helped lay the foundation for a truly Catholic gathering in faith in our time.*  We stand in the shadow of his ministry.*  May his life continue to inspire us * and imbue us with that confidence and hope * that will forge a new evangelization for the Church we love. 

Father in Heaven, * Father Tolton’s suffering service sheds light upon our sorrows; * we see them through the prism of your Son’s passion and death.*  If it be your Will, O God,* glorify your servant, Father Tolton, * by granting the favor I now request through his intercession *(mention your request) * so that all may know the goodness of this priest * whose memory looms large in the Church he loved.

Complete what you have begun in us * that we might work for the fulfillment of your kingdom.*  Not to us the glory,* but glory to you O God, through Jesus Christ, your Son* and our Lord; * Father, Son and Holy Spirit,* you are our God, living and reigning forever and ever.
Amen

2010 Bishop Joseph N. Perry

Imprimatur
Francis Cardinal George, OMI
Archdiocese of Chicago

To report any spiritual or physical favors granted through prayer in Father Tolton’s name, please write: 

Office of the Cardinal
Archdiocese of Chicago
835 North Rush Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611

Afficher l'image d'origine

Blessed Charles de Foucauld brother, priest, explorator, convert, etc... So many things to say ! http://www.charlesdefoucauld.org/en/biographie.php 

Prayer to obtain a favour through the intercession of Brother Charles - Father de Foucauld

God Our Father, you called your servant Charles de Foucauld to discover the infinite greatness of your love by contemplating the life of Jesus of Nazareth, your Son, who became flesh, who humbled himself to the point of death, who was raised to life, and who sent the Holy Spirit as his first gift to those who believe.

May we find, as we lovingly read the Gospel, and as we adore the Eucharist, a fountain of inexhaustible life in Christ, and a missionary courage and energy which will bind us in a spirit of universal fraternity. Thus we can work together to bring about your plan for the salvation of all people. We ask you in particular to grant, by the intercession of your servant Charles de Foucauld, if this is in conformity with your will, this grace.... for... whom we commend to your fatherly heart.

We ask you this through Jesus, your beloved Son, Our Lord.

Afficher l'image d'origine (2016 is the 100th year of his death) 

Ven Marthe Robin, mystics and foundress of the "foyers de charité" 

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
you revealed to Marthe

your great plan of love and of life,
in order to draw to yourself
those who seek you or have
forgotten you, and so that
her unceasing self-offering of
compassion and mercy may
contribute to a new Pentecost. 

We ask that her beatification
by the Church may serve
to make you known, you
the living Word of love and
peace, and that through the
intercession of Mary we may
follow her example in order
to respond to the appeals of
all our brothers and sisters. 

Deign to grant the prayers
we make you through your servant Marthe
so that your joy and your glory

may be made known. 
Amen.

Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. Amazing young man : http://frassatiusa.org/

O merciful God, 
Who through the perils of the world 
deigned to preserve by Your grace 
Your servant Pier Giorgio Frassati 
pure of heart and ardent of charity, 
listen, we ask You, to our prayers and, 
if it is in Your designs that he be glorified by the Church, 
show us Your will, 
granting us the graces we ask of You, 
through his intercession, 
by the merits of Jesus Christ, Our Lord, Amen."

IMPRIMATUR, 1932
+Maurillo, Archbishop of Turin 

Blessed Louis Brisson, founder of the oblate sisters of St Francis de Sales. 

http://www.oblates.org/mainfiles/louis_brisson.htm

Prayer for the Canonization

Of

Blessed Louis Brisson, OSFS

Lord Jesus, Who has told us,

“Ask and you shall receive.”

We address our prayer to You through the intercession of Your priest, 

Blessed Louis Brisson.

Attentive to the signs of  the times

And in obedience to Your Will,

He founded the double family of the Oblate Sisters

And of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales.

Confident in your providence and joyful in hope,

He knew as a good father,

How to make himself all things to all people.

Grant us, through his intercession, the favors

Which we ask of You,

Especially…

May holy Church rejoice in glorifying

This priest after Your own Heart

Who gave himself totally to Your Love.

Amen.

Blessed Frédéric Ozanam, founder of the Society of St Vincent de Paul. 

Lord,

You made Blessed Frédéric Ozanam a witness of the Gospel, full of wonder at the mystery of the Church.
You inspired him to alleviate poverty and injustice and endowed him with untiring generosity in the service of all who were suffering.
In family life, he revealed a most genuine love as a son, brother, husband and father.
In secular life, his ardent passion for the truth enlightened his thought, writing and teaching.

His vision for our society was a network of charity encircling the world and he instilled St Vincent de Paul’s spirit of love, boldness and humility.
His prophetic social vision appears in every aspect of his short life, together with the radiance of his virtues.
We thank you Lord, for those many gifts and we ask, if it is your will, the grace of a miracle through the intercession of Blessed Frédéric Ozanam.

May the Church proclaim his holiness, as a saint, a providential light for today’s world!
We make this prayer through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen.

http://en.ssvpglobal.org/Spirituality/Some-prayers

MarysLittleFlower

This Servant of God is a new one I found out about but very dear to me already. She made a vow to give her life for the salvation of Russia and for priests. She's a Third Order Dominican foundress and a Russian convert from Orthodoxy during Soviet times. She's a martyr. Anna Abrikosova or Mother Catherine of Siena O.P. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Abrikosova

Longer biography: http://en.catholicmartyrs.org/index.php?Mediator of Meh=pages&page=abrikosovarticlle

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

Ven-Fr.-Vincent-Capodanno.jpg

Servant of God Father Vincent Capodanno M.M. "The Grunt Padre"

Medal of Honor Recipient, Chaplain Corps, USNR

May God who has offered healing and strength through the hands of His only Son, Our Lord, and through Christ’s many servants grant me the favor of His healing and through the intercession of His servant, Fr. Vincent Capodanno, priest, missionary, and chaplain, who always sought to heal and comfort the wounded and dying on the field of battle. May I be granted this request on my own field of battle I pray in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

844-062109kapaun11-slideshow_main-prod_a

Servant of God Father Emil Kapaun

Medal of Honor Recipient, Chaplain Corps, USARMY

Father Emil Kapaun gave glory to God by following his call to the priesthood and thus serving the people of Kansas and those in the military. Father Kapaun, I ask your intercession not only for these needs which I mention now. . .but that I too may follow your example of service to God and my neighbor. For the gifts of courage in battle and perseverance of faith, we give you thanks O Lord.

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be.

DominicanHeart

Up until now, I didn't know about Servant of God. I knew about Venerable and Blessed but Servant of God is new to me

Archaeology cat

Blessed Charlotte Lucas, martyr of the French Revolution (her feast day is January 18). C'mon - my daughter needs a Saint. ;) 

MarysLittleFlower
21 hours ago, MarysLittleFlower said:

This Servant of God is a new one I found out about but very dear to me already. She made a vow to give her life for the salvation of Russia and for priests. She's a Third Order Dominican foundress and a Russian convert from Orthodoxy during Soviet times. She's a martyr. Anna Abrikosova or Mother Catherine of Siena O.P. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Abrikosova

Longer biography: http://en.catholicmartyrs.org/index.php?Mediator of Meh=pages&page=abrikosovarticlle

here's a picture of her :)

569aa2edea8c9___.jpg.1f8a18cc44650c49f3f

I also wanted to share about Luisa Piccarreta :) I have a relic of her and her intercession has helped me so much. There's a Cause for her Beatification and the Bishop of the diocese is very supportive and even made an international congress on her last year. There's A LOT of misunderstanding of her writings so if anyone is interested I'd just go with what the Bishop says! he's supportive :) anyway her life is amazing and miraculous and here's a good biography of her: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2010/08/servant-of-god-luisa-piccarreta-little.html

Luisa_Piccarreta_5.jpg.64e013d4be5b3e460

She's also a third order Dominican! :)

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

I don't think he's been mentioned, but he certainly needs prayers ( his cause seems to have been halted): Venerable Fulton Sheen. Maybe someone else can find the prayers, but he's been such a good example of living the Catholic faith in public. 

Fr. Stanley Rother was an Oklahoma priest killed in Guatemala, July 28, 1981 in his own rectory. A cause of canonization was opened for him in October of 2007. His Positio is now in the process of being reviewed. In June of 2015 the Theological Commission of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in Rome voted to formally recognize Oklahoma’s Servant of God Fr. Rother a martyr.

7 hours ago, Archaeology cat said:

Blessed Charlotte Lucas, martyr of the French Revolution (her feast day is January 18). C'mon - my daughter needs a Saint. ;) 

One of the Compiègne Carmelite's (French REvolution Martyrs too) was called "Sister Charlotte". THey are blessed. Feast day July 17th. Still not a Saint, but it's two blessed for your daughter :) George Bernanos, great catholic writer, wrote a play on them. Good reading for your dauther in a few years :P https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_of_Compi%C3%A8gne

I did not know about any of the holy men and women posted here. Love learning about them !

Nada,

you included a few of my very favorites in your first post. :).  (Especially Br. Charles and Marthe, but also Pier Giorgio)

A few others that I love...

-Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity

-Bl. Dina Belanger

-Bls. Francisco and Jacinta Marto

-Bl. Chiara Lucce Badano

-Ven. Teresita of Spain

veritasluxmea

Servant of God Takashi Nagai. He's a Japanese man who converted to Catholicism from Atheism. He lived through WWII and the dropping of the bomb on Nagasaki and later died of cancer. The bombing killed his wife and child. There's a movie being made about him too. 

AJ201402150016M.jpg

77098b52_nagai_130253653453942200_1_.jpe

Ash Wednesday

Anyone in the Legion of Mary in particular can appreciate these three:

Servant of God Frank Duff

frankduff.png

http://www.legionofmary.ie/causes/profile/frank-duff

Prayers for the Beatification of Servant of God Frank Duff

God our Father, You inspired your servant Frank Duff with a profound insight into the mystery of Your Church, the Body of Christ, and of the place of Mary the Mother of Jesus in this mystery. In his immense desire to share this insight with others and in filial dependence on Mary he formed her Legion to be a sign of her maternal love for the world and a means of enlisting all her children in the Church's evangelising work.

We thank you Father for the graces conferred on him and for the benefits accruing to the Church from his courageous and shining faith. With confidence we beg You that through his intercession you grant the petition we lay before You . ............... We ask too that if it be in accordance with Your will, the holiness of his life may be acknowledged by the Church for the glory of your Name, through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

(With ecclesiastical approval)

Venerable Edel Quinn

edelquinn-200x238.png

http://www.legionofmary.ie/causes/profile/edel-quinn

Prayers for the Beatification of Venerable Edel Quinn

Eternal Father, I thank you for the grace you gave to your servant, Edel Quinn, of striving to live always in the joy of your presence, for the radiant charity infused into her heart by your Holy Spirit and for the strength she drew from the Bread of Life to labour until death for the glory of Your name in loving dependence on Mary, Mother of the Church.

Confident, O Merciful Father, that her life was pleasing to you, I beg you to grant me, through her intercession, the special favour I now implore ..........., and to make known by miracles the glory she enjoys in Heaven, so that she may be glorified also by your Church on earth, through Christ Our Lord, Amen

Servant of God Alphie Lambe

alfielambe-200x242.png

http://www.legionofmary.ie/causes/profile/alfie-lambe

Prayers for the Beatification of Servant of God Alfie Lambe

O God, who by your infinite mercy inflamed the heart of your servant, Alphonsus Lambe with an ardent love for you and for Mary, our Mother; a love which revealed itself in a life of intense labour, prayer and sacrifice for the salvation of souls, grant, if it be your will, that we may obtain, by his intercession, what we cannot obtain by our own merits. We ask this through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen