An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Voting for a pro-Choice politician ok if you don't vote for them because of the pro choice stance they have?

I like how quick the Canadian election was. I mean, I do not like the outcome. But the time frame was palatable.

39 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I like how quick the Canadian election was. I mean, I do not like the outcome. But the time frame was palatable.

Agreed. The first caucus is going on right now, and I'm already tired of this election. But we still have nine months to go until the final vote. Election cycles in the United States are unnecessarily long and expensive.

5 minutes ago, bardegaulois said:

Agreed. The first caucus is going on right now, and I'm already tired of this election. But we still have nine months to go until the final vote. Election cycles in the United States are unnecessarily long and expensive.

I cannot imagine that anything substantive is learned about politicians during what is essentially two straight years of campaigning that could not be learned in six months.

On 2/1/2016, 6:21:16, bardegaulois said:

Just think, 9 more months of PM getting steadily more snarky and cranky and political. :( 

On 2/1/2016, 6:40:05, Nihil Obstat said:

Like ripping off a band-aid! 

25 minutes ago, Amppax said:

Like ripping off a band-aid! 

Exactly like that. If Justin Trudeau and his great hair live underneath your band-aid.

truddd.JPG

Trudeau.jpg

On 2/1/2016, 6:40:05, Nihil Obstat said:

And that was the longest election period in Canadian history (or something like that).  And you've besmirched this page with our great and glorious leader :x

Not A Real Name
20 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I wonder if I could run for Prime Minister if I just did my hair like that...

Nowadays , just lose your morals and you'll be PM material in no time. 

50 minutes ago, Not A Real Name said:

Nowadays , just lose your morals and you'll be PM material in no time. 

Lose them? That implies that Trudeau actually had some at one time.

On February 6, 2016 at 9:00:09 PM, little2add said:

w_zpsnd3ibggr.jpg

Should they be excommunicated? I don't know but it definitely isn't good when they claim to be Catholic and then take stances that are contrary to the faith. 

veritasluxmea

Technically, I think they already are- they excommunicated themselves when they committed mortal sin. AA is talking about a public excommunication.

AA is a fundamentalist protestant group with a weak grasp of the Catholic Faith and how it works, so I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt. The meme suggests that somehow having these catholic politicians in congress is benefiting the Church's power, which is ridiculous because these people don't care or give much of anything to the Church at all. AA is very anti-Catholic and does't like cooperating with Catholics in the prolife movement. They have some irrational beliefs regarding abortion too, they don't support any laws that regulate abortion.