An Old School Catholic Message Board

Team Rubio

Peace

1 hour ago, Makarioi said:

I looking at this, I don't believe he knew the reporter was disabled.  I'm not defending it, I just don't think he'd be that cruel.  Maybe I don't work in a subdued environment or career, but we flail up often.  I would hope that he wasn't aware.  I'm still leaning his way though

Well, even giving him the benefit of the doubt, one might desire a president who is a bit more prudent with his word choices.

Plus the man has been married about 6 times and is only pro-life "with exceptions". I would think that there a better choices for a Catholic . . .

51 minutes ago, Peace said:

Well, even giving him the benefit of the doubt, one might desire a president who is a bit more prudent with his word choices.

Plus the man has been married about 6 times and is only pro-life "with exceptions". I would think that there a better choices for a Catholic . . .

Everyone else are RINO's. They can talk the talk, but none has walked the walk.

Donald Trump has every right to live his life as he sees fit, we're all sinners. Our economy smells of elderberries, inflation is through the roof and is getting worse. We don't need a corrupt politician, Murica needs someone like Trump who is untouchable and knows how to make money. Instead of making it through war, bloodshed, killing babies and selling their body parts.

8 minutes ago, Freedom said:

Donald Trump has every right to live his life as he sees fit, we're all sinners. Our economy smells of elderberries, inflation is through the roof and is getting worse. We don't need a corrupt politician, Murica needs someone like Trump who is untouchable and knows how to make money. Instead of making it through war, bloodshed, killing babies and selling their body parts.

Trump might be the best bet to correcting the past 8 years of dbagery that has taken place, the best part about Trump, is that trying to buy him, to corrupt him with kick backs and everything else there is, is useless. So we are seeing an actual American at work the morality police are and will continue to tear him apart. An it is nice for a change to hear someone who isn't PC. I just hope he takes a page from Obama and bleeds the term " executive action " to death when he eventually starts hitting road blocks when he gets in office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

36 minutes ago, Freedom said:

Well actually the Catholic Church says that a man can only marry once. I don't think you will find anything in the Catechism about a man having a "right to live his life as he sees fit." Error has no rights, to steal a line from Nihil.

But it is true that we are all sinners. If having not sinned were a qualification for president then we could not vote for anyone except Jesus or Mary, who are unfortunately not running. Where I think you can rule Trump out, however, is the fact that he says that it is OK to kill babies in the case of rape, incest, or "where the mother is at risk." It is right there in his video. That is  flatly against what the Catholic Church teaches, and it deals with a grave matter, a matter of life and death. Unless you have some other compelling reason I think Catholics should go with a true pro-life candidate. Trump has a TV show, charisma, and has made a promise to make America win again, which may or may not happen were he to be elected. I am not sure if any of those amount to compelling reasons.

And how is it that a man who was literally a registered Democrat 5 years ago a true conservative while folks like Cruz and Rubio, etc. are RINOs? I don't think that makes a lot of sense. There objectively other candidates who are more genuinely conservative than Trump.

His support of warfare makes him unsuitable for Catholic support, not to mention his desire to spread misery through economic sanctions.

In a sane society, he would be shoveling horse manure in stables and fighting dogs for table scraps. 

5 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

my medicine of choice is alcohol.  I'm gonna be a certified drunk if Hilary wins this next round...

She did a great job with Libya. Her foreign policy isn't belligerent enough, for you?

2 hours ago, Freedom said:

You might want to consult this chart on Trump.

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2016/01/22/your-handy-dandy-trump-vs-cruz-comparison-chart/

9 hours ago, Amppax said:

I don't necessarily fault him for the Mormonism (considering he was 8). The whole Christ Fellowship bit is puzzling to me, but even then, I'm not too bothered by it. It's not like any of the other realistic options are better in that regard. 

Since I'm not sure on multi-quote, hope you don't mind me answering all three of you with this one. :)  I'm betting it's like Maggie said, for his wife, but it still makes me uncomfortable, given they teach things anti-thetical to Catholic doctrine.  And will give him the converting briefly to the Mormon faith with his mother and sisters and being a child at the time.

All said, while I'm not the biggest fan, he's the Republican i'd be most likely to vote for.

Who's side are yous on?

Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood, at her office in New York, Jan. 6, 2016. In its first endorsement in a presidential primary in the nonprofit’s 100-year existence, Planned Parenthood announced it would endorse Hillary Clinton. “Everything Planned Parenthood has believed in and fought for over the past 100 years is on the ballot,” Richards said of the upcoming election. BENJAMIN NORMAN , THE NEW YORK TIMES

PhuturePriest
18 hours ago, StMichael said:

Really depends on what you are seeking.

Rubio, aside from his confused faith history has a few issues:

- Gang of 8, whereby he worked with the hard leftists of the Senate to produce a full blown amnesty for illegal aliens.

- He is part of the establishment

- He is for subsidies, in his case he is bought and paid for by the sugar industry.

Rand Paul has his own issues, primarily he is his father, an isolationist and is liberal socially.

The clearest candidate, that adheres to the Constitution is Ted Cruz. Everyone else on the right is not going to anything to upset the tyrannical hold on power, including Mr. Art of the deal.

Rubio's policy on immigration is one of my favorite things about him, actually.

1 hour ago, PhuturePriest said:

Rubio's policy on immigration is one of my favorite things about him, actually.

1) It's the right thing to do and 2) it is pragmatic. If you take a super harsh stance on the immigration issue you are going to lose the Latino vote. The GOP is going to have a tough time winning if they cannot get a decent share of that. Especially in 2020 and beyond with our shifting demographics.

One thing I do like about him, that hasn't shown up yet, is the boat.  People tried to use it to discredit him, saying he shouldn't buy a luxury speedboat.  His response was pretty spot on, at least to me, "Any boat where you have to go to the bathroom off the side of the boat is not a luxury speedboat."

Link to the Edgewater 245CC Deep-V Center Console boat.

20 hours ago, Peace said:

Well actually the Catholic Church says that a man can only marry once.

I know what the Catholic Church says, thanks.

I don't think you will find anything in the Catechism about a man having a "right to live his life as he sees fit."

There is nothing in the Catechism that says we have a right to live life as we see fit.  Umm…Duh.

Where I think you can rule Trump out, however, is the fact that he says that it is OK to kill babies in the case of rape, incest, or "where the mother is at risk." It is right there in his video.

I'll vote for Trump any day over a liberal who is 100% pro life and "unlawful births."

Trump has a TV show, charisma, and has made a promise to make America win again, which may or may not happen were he to be elected. 

I'll believe Trump over any other Politician!

And how is it that a man who was literally a registered Democrat 5 years ago a true conservative while folks like Cruz and Rubio, etc. are RINOs? I don't think that makes a lot of sense. There objectively other candidates who are more genuinely conservative than Trump.

People change, Putin changed.

Bottom line is I'm not voting a corrupt Politician in office if I can vote for Trump.  America needs a good change and I'm totally loving how Politically Incorrect he is.  Trump Rocks!

I meant 100% pro choice.

40 minutes ago, Freedom said:

I know what the Catholic Church says, thanks.

There is nothing in the Catechism that says we have a right to live life as we see fit.  Umm…Duh.

I'll vote for Trump any day over a liberal who is 100% pro life and "unlawful births."

I'll believe Trump over any other Politician!

People change, Putin changed.

Bottom line is I'm not voting a corrupt Politician in office if I can vote for Trump.  America needs a good change and I'm totally loving how Politically Incorrect he is.  Trump Rocks!

I meant 100% pro choice.

Lol, Putin changed. Okay.