An Old School Catholic Message Board

Team Rubio

Peace

9 minutes ago, Amppax said:

Lol, Putin changed. Okay. 

The fact that Trump is at 41% really isn't going to do much to dispel the notion that Americans are dumb now is it?

37 minutes ago, Peace said:

The fact that Trump is at 41% really isn't going to do much to dispel the notion that Americans are dumb now is it?

That isn't true at all, less you are some twit who just can't stand how amesome America is and wishes America was more like Europe; and just blames America in general for all of the worlds' problems.

Be happy the utopia of Obama lasted an entire 8 glorious years, we had cash for clunkers which saved Detroit( sarcasm), Planned Parenthood was uncovered as acting in a criminal manner and in turn the white house under the glorious leader says nothing, and in turn the activists are now being prosecuted while the real criminals go free; Obama still hasn't shut down Gitmo, nor has he stopped The Patriot Act ( makes one wonder why ) oh and Obama single supported occupy wall street which amassed such a mess that criminals mingled with the demonstrators and committed horrible crimes while Obama praised the entire mess yet wont support in any way shape or form actual civilized protestors of Nevada and Oregon.

The game is 8 years democrat / 8 years republican, it isn't any thing new; Trump can only go up from Obama, and obamas' legacy will be in the garbage heap with the other presidential failures.

2 minutes ago, superblue said:

That isn't true at all, less you are some twit who just can't stand how amesome America is and wishes America was more like Europe; and just blames America in general for all of the worlds' problems.

My opinion of America or alleged desire that she become more like Europe is quite irrelevant to the question of how non-Americans would judge the intelligence of a group of people who chose to root for a man with no viable ideas.

But I really don't expect you to understand that.

2 minutes ago, superblue said:

Be happy the utopia of Obama lasted an entire 8 glorious years, we had cash for clunkers which saved Detroit( sarcasm), Planned Parenthood was uncovered as acting in a criminal manner and in turn the white house under the glorious leader says nothing, and in turn the activists are now being prosecuted while the real criminals go free; Obama still hasn't shut down Gitmo, nor has he stopped The Patriot Act ( makes one wonder why ) oh and Obama single supported occupy wall street which amassed such a mess that criminals mingled with the demonstrators and committed horrible crimes while Obama praised the entire mess yet wont support in any way shape or form actual civilized protestors of Nevada and Oregon.

The game is 8 years democrat / 8 years republican, it isn't any thing new; Trump can only go up from Obama, and obamas' legacy will be in the garbage heap with the other presidential failures.

I do not recall having written anything about having been happy about 8 years of Obama. The relevant question is not who will be better than Obama. Obama is not running. The question that we are concerned with is which candidate is the best among the available choices. Thank you for your comment.

HisChildForever

I'll be voting for Rubio in the primaries.

If Trump doesn't get the nod, I'll be voting for the Republican in the presidential election.

Trump gets the nod I'm voting third party.

veritasluxmea

I can't in good concupiscence vote Trump. He's probably better than evil incarnate (at least he'll spend more time acting like a drama queen and doing whatever he thinks will make him popular than actually building a wall or whatever), but that's about it. I'd go third party, see what the democrats have to offer, assuming Hilary or someone who's not backed by planned parenthood doesn't win their nomination. 

I like Rand. Also Rubio. Not the biggest fan of Cruz but he's way better than Trump. 

I don't want any of those mentioned. Trump is probably softer on LGBT issues than Rubio and Rand though. I'd prefer Rand over Rubio if I had to choose. Rand seems more sane than Trump. But Trump has a good business mind, I give him that, but he is warped on the political stage. I think he will split the moderate vote and lose the Republican ship, as could a few of the others.

1 hour ago, HisChildForever said:

I'll be voting for Rubio in the primaries.

If Trump doesn't get the nod, I'll be voting for the Republican in the presidential election.

Trump gets the nod I'm voting third party.

Get ready to polish up that third party vote then, and make sure to put it in the trash can first. that is one thing about voting that can be proven, Voting third party, doesn't stick it to anyone and is a complete waste. It just says durrrrr I am proving a point to myself by voting for someone who cant win instead of voting for someone who can win and has the chance of doing better than the democrat party.

A third party vote will matter when there is a serious third party that can be a real threat in a positive way to both parties.

On January 26, 2016 at 12:51:31 PM, Peace said:

1) It's the right thing to do and 2) it is pragmatic. If you take a super harsh stance on the immigration issue you are going to lose the Latino vote. The GOP is going to have a tough time winning if they cannot get a decent share of that. Especially in 2020 and beyond with our shifting demographics.

A party that pushes small government, curtailed welfare state will never win with those who seek a welfare state and government assistance. Latinos, as well as all, need to get the message that this land of opportunity is what YOU make of it, not what the government makes it for you. 

As for illegal immigration and chain migration, never in the history of this nation has this been allowed. I think I pointed this out in another thread, Ellis Island was all about DEPORTATION as the US stopped immigration of any sort to allow those who did immigrate here to ASSIMILATE for almost 40 years.

As for the Hispanic (made up word by Nixon) / Latino vote, here is how it played out since 1980:

--1980 Jimmy Carter, 56% Ronald Reagan, 35% +21 

--1984 Walter Mondale, 61% Ronald Reagan, 37% +24 

--1988 Michael Dukakis, 69% George H.W. Bush, 30% +39 

--1992 Bill Clinton, 61% George H.W. Bush, 25% +36 

--1996 Bill Clinton, 72% Bob Dole, 21% +51 

--2000 Al Gore, 62% George W. Bush, 35% +27 

--2004 John Kerry, 58% George W. Bush, 40% +18 

--2008 Barack Obama, 67% John McCain, 31% +36 

--2012 Barack Obama, 71% Mitt Romney, 27% +44

Even after Reagan provided amnesty to 3 million illegals in 1986, Bush 41 got even less of the latino vote.

What has to be done is not giving away things, it is educating the electorate that this is not a welfare state and how you can become as successful as you want based on your own merits.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016‎ ‎8‎:‎00‎:‎41‎, Peace said:

My opinion of America or alleged desire that she become more like Europe is quite irrelevant to the question of how non-Americans would judge the intelligence of a group of people who chose to root for a man with no viable ideas.

But I really don't expect you to understand that.

I do not recall having written anything about having been happy about 8 years of Obama. The relevant question is not who will be better than Obama. Obama is not running. The question that we are concerned with is which candidate is the best among the available choices. Thank you for your comment.

k first, you are welcome for me even acknowledging you, and B your opinion is rather blatantly obvious, but hey you are not alone, F.P holds the same sentiments; so don't be shy. And Americans actually giving two beans about how non-americans judge them, is kind of like saying well since I am catholic and a church militant obviously a homosexual is going to care about what I think in terms of how they are they living morally . 

But I really don't expect you to understand any of this.

Enjoy your kool aid.

( and i'll let ya know when I feel like picking apart your blatant America hating self righteous stupidity so don't think to hard on a response ya might end up hurting yourself.)

6 minutes ago, little2add said:

rubio's support of TPP will be his undoing

Rubio and Mayor Blumburg  how ever ya spell of it of NY, and Bernie sanders, are all just letting one go in the wind, and everyone knows it.

What is insane is that Hilary is allowed to be a contender while in an ongoing investigation against her. But that doesn't stop the machine at all.   Trump is the best bet to stop Hilary in her tracks , she can't stand the truth or common sense. All Rubio, would do is ensure an easy win for Hilary.

15 minutes ago, superblue said:

But I really don't expect you to understand any of this.

I don't think you should expect anyone on the planet Earth to understand that.

PhuturePriest
53 minutes ago, little2add said:

rubio's support of TPP will be his undoing

As a person who had to Google TPP to know what it was and briefly skimming information on Wikipedia, what's wrong with the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

HisChildForever
1 hour ago, superblue said:

Get ready to polish up that third party vote then, and make sure to put it in the trash can first. that is one thing about voting that can be proven, Voting third party, doesn't stick it to anyone and is a complete waste. It just says durrrrr I am proving a point to myself by voting for someone who cant win instead of voting for someone who can win and has the chance of doing better than the democrat party.

A third party vote will matter when there is a serious third party that can be a real threat in a positive way to both parties.

Ok.

1 hour ago, StMichael said:

A party that pushes small government, curtailed welfare state will never win with those who seek a welfare state and government assistance. Latinos, as well as all, need to get the message that this land of opportunity is what YOU make of it, not what the government makes it for you. 

Are you suggesting that Latinos desire a welfare state or government assistance more so than other groups?

At least from my own personal experience, the Latino people, especially immigrants, that I have met seem to be among the hardest working members of society.

So I do not quite understand what you are getting at.

As for illegal immigration and chain migration, never in the history of this nation has this been allowed. I think I pointed this out in another thread, Ellis Island was all about DEPORTATION as the US stopped immigration of any sort to allow those who did immigrate here to ASSIMILATE for almost 40 years.

Something that is illegal is, by the very definition of it, not allowed. So I would agree with you there.

What has to be done is not giving away things, it is educating the electorate that this is not a welfare state and how you can become as successful as you want based on your own merits.

Oh yeah. Tell Latino voters that they need to stop being so lazy and work for a change. That message will definitely get you the numbers that you need to take back the white house. :idontknow: