An Old School Catholic Message Board

Super Bowl 50

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Where do you stand? Are you disappointed with the match up (Broncos vs. Panthers)? Who do you think will win?

I'm personally conflicted. I like Peyton Manning, and it would be cool for him to win one last time before he retires. However, I like the idea of a new team winning the Super Bowl and getting some diversity. A small part of me also wants the Broncos to lose for beating the Patriots, but that's a different matter.

3 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

Where do you stand? Are you disappointed with the match up (Broncos vs. Panthers)? Who do you think will win?

I'm personally conflicted. I like Peyton Manning, and it would be cool for him to win one last time before he retires. However, I like the idea of a new team winning the Super Bowl and getting some diversity. A small part of me also wants the Broncos to lose for beating the Patriots, but that's a different matter.

All hail King God Cam Newton

PhuturePriest
Just now, Hasan said:

All hail King God Cam Newton

I knew you would be the first to reply. In fact, it was your constant Panther propaganda which inspired this thread in the first place. :|

Just now, PhuturePriest said:

I knew you would be the first to reply. In fact, it was your constant Panther propaganda which inspired this thread in the first place. :|

Then you should know better

I think it should be a good game. Carolina has the better team, but both teams have a good shot and it will come down to the team that executes better on game day. I kind of hope that Peyton wins - and then retires!

2 minutes ago, Peace said:

I think it should be a good game. Carolina has the better team,

I have redacted your post to make it more correct

PhuturePriest

Broncos have the #1 defense, but people are riding way too much on that. Just remember that the Seahawks also had the best defense in the league, but the Patriots still gloriously defeated them. Given how good the Panthers defense and offense is, I will be incredibly surprised if the Broncos end up taking it.

Credo in Deum

I hope the Panthers get the win. Sure, I'm a Hawks fan at heart, but I hope Cam gets a ring. He made my day when he chucked the 12th Man flag. Finally a player who isn't afraid to make this game fun.  I miss the days of touchdown dancing and taunting. Plus it helped some Seattleites see how they've gone from a 12th Man community to a 12th Man Cult. Their level of butthurt over the flag throwing was a real jeepers creepers moment. 

38 minutes ago, Credo in Deum said:

I hope the Panthers get the win. Sure, I'm a Hawks fan at heart, but I hope Cam gets a ring. He made my day when he chucked the 12th Man flag. Finally a player who isn't afraid to make this game fun.  I miss the days of touchdown dancing and taunting. Plus it helped some Seattleites see how they've gone from a 12th Man community to a 12th Man Cult. Their level of butthurt over the flag throwing was a real jeepers creepers moment. 

You are good and pious

dominicansoul

Denver shouldn't even show up.  They are going to get blown out in a HUGE way, there's no competition, I don't care what the experts say...Panthers.will.blow.them.out.

Go Cam!  He deserves the ring! 

PhuturePriest
8 hours ago, Hasan said:

You are good and pious

FYI, I played as the Panthers in Madden a few hours ago. The very first play, we intercepted the ball and ran it in for a touchdown.

They really are making games more and more realistic these days.

PhuturePriest
6 minutes ago, Not A Mallard said:

I'm just going for the food.

Any excuse to eat salsa is a good one.