What?! amesome! Never seen this one before 

includes a very good example of Carmelite plain chant

• 1 month later...
BarbTherese
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2016‎ ‎6‎:‎39‎:‎09‎, NadaTeTurbe said:

The cistercian nuns from Redwood Abbey 

Can't give props, run out. 

Big prop, Nada. 

I have seen the video before somewhere, perhaps UTube, but watched it right through again.  It has struck me as a particularly beautiful video of a lovely bunch of nuns including the quiet serene background instrumental - an informative video too.  Some great hairstyles too and one nun with almost ecstatic type eyes it seemed to me. Two statements particularly struck me "It is in dealing with our brokenness that we meet Christ".........and "If you are really seeking, hang in there..... with Christ".

Thank you for sharing - haven't watched any other of the posted videos as yet.

BarbTherese

Video is HERE and posted by Vee

I love this video and community!  I sighted and just had to watch a Carmelite video before moving off this computer.  I took to the stark poverty and downright simplicity of it all - the lovely down to earth and very informative interviews (questions well chosen) and explanation and video of the process to Final Vows, explanation of the Carmelite way of life.  Another joyful and very happy community. What struck me in the video was the statement that we (the nuns) came here to meet trouble not overcome it.  That set me back on my heels...........I need to do some prayerful thinking on that one.

Beautiful! Thanks Vee.  Prop!

13 minutes ago, sr.christinaosf said:

what's this 'prop' stuff?  Maybe I'm naive...

If you like something (posted by someone else), click on the gray box marked Props (on the right and toward the bottom of the original post).

It means you're giving the original poster "her propers" - it's like a thumbs-up. It says "Spot on!" or "Well said!"

If you change your mind at a later date, you can un-prop the post by clicking on the same button.

There's some sort of limit on how many Props a person can post, or at least post in a day, but I don't know the algebraic formula for that.

Edited by Luigi

19 hours ago, Luigi said:

If you like something (posted by someone else), click on the gray box marked Props (on the right and toward the bottom of the original post).

It means you're giving the original poster "her propers" - it's like a thumbs-up. It says "Spot on!" or "Well said!"

If you change your mind at a later date, you can un-prop the post by clicking on the same button.

There's some sort of limit on how many Props a person can post, or at least post in a day, but I don't know the algebraic formula for that.

You've got it!

Abbey of New Clairvaux, Trappist monks, in Vina, California - about 7:30. They have orchards and vineyards, and make wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybxoh8Hip-I&feature=youtu.be

Here's another video - almost 11 minutes - made in 2012. This is more like an extended news report. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laUplP_FU9k

Edited by Luigi