An Old School Catholic Message Board

Book: "The Shack"

BarbTherese

I thought it was a tad sappy and I figured out the end about midway through.  Other people that I know have loved it and got a lot out of it.  

HisChildForever

My aunt read it awhile back and I recall her saying that it was disappointing. I believe she bought it based off good reviews.

Thank you for your opinions  :)All the reviews that I read anyway spoke highly of the book.  I'm three quarters through it and finding it laborious to read and unappealing.  I can read it only in quite short 'doses' and I began to wonder if I had been missing something.  I will read however at some point in the future "The Shack Revisited" just for curiosity sake.

Taken as a work of fiction, which it is, it is no more believable than Dan Brown's  "The Da Vinci Code".   Like "The Da Vinci Code" there are some elements that are non fiction (I.e. Catholic Theology in "The Shack") twisted and wound into an entirely fictional text or plot and an entirely fictional novel.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I got a copy for cheap a little after the time when it first got popular. I meant to read it. Never did.

I read it awhile ago and obviously didn't care for it very much because I barely remember it.  I do remember that I didn't like the author's writing style.

Edited by Kateri89