An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Made You Smile Today?

Not A Real Name

Spem in alium

Being with my sisters. 

A good moment of our breakfast conversation was one sister asking about a lady who had been associated with our congregation. She said, "Is she well?", and another sister (who is known for her abrupt manner and for saying what she thinks) responded very matter-of-factly, "She's dead." She said it in the same tone you might say "It's raining". We (especially my superior and I) were in stitches.

Edited by Spem in alium

I have not smiled yet today. I may not have smiled yet this week...

It's Lent, people! No smiling allowed!

Edited by Luigi

Eating lunch with my mom, two aunts, and my little cousins made me smile. Also Iggy's post on my thread made me lol (literally) and blush some. 

AveMariaPurissima
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016‎ ‎1‎:‎35‎:‎19‎, Not A Real Name said:

My dog and being able go to confession! 

At first I read that as "My dog being able to go to confession!" ;) 

Getting to spend time with a good friend between classes!

dominicansoul

I was at a Grad College conference... met a Graduate Advisor I've only communicated with though email.... He's a "starer"...I mean he looked me straight in the eyes and never broke contact the entire conversation.  I thought..."okay...this man is a Math GENIUS, so he's probably traveled through time....and he's reading my soul right now or discovering all the possible futures I have and smiling about it."

When I told my boss about this, she couldn't stop laughing and told me I had a very crazy imagination.  It made me smile....

AveMariaPurissima

A dear friend of mine had been going through some very difficult struggles and I've been praying for her like crazy.  I just got a message from her today letting me know that everything was resolved and she's at peace.  :heart: 

Spem in alium

Yesterday: I had a brain freeze and couldn't remember how to open a door, so I was smiling at myself (and kind of praying for myself, too...) :amen:And in the evening, my formation director came into the room where I was working after a long walk (we like to keep active, so we own walking gear) and we watched a little television together. This is very unusual for us, but great companionship. :) 

Today: simply sitting in the darkness of the morning before the Eucharistic Lord. Best moment.

On 2/15/2016, 8:35:45, Not A Real Name said:

Losing 20lbs. Very excited. 

I don't think you're supposed to lose that much in one day. It could be unhealthy.