An Old School Catholic Message Board

RIP Justice Scalia

HopefulHeart

1 hour ago, Nihil Obstat said:

The more time that passes, the more and more convinced I am that little2add is a really good troll, after the likes of the relatively well-known KenM.

Judge Judy 1After careful consideration, President Barack Obama had decided to go with America’s most popular and watched judge as his Supreme Court nomination. Judge Judy has been chosen to replace the recently deceased Antonin Scalia to America’s highest court.

2 hours ago, Hasan said:

Pretty much everybody who golfs is doing so while a funeral is going on somewhere

Anyway, false

http://www.snopes.com/obama-snubs-scalias-funeral/

Judge Judy 1After careful consideration, President Barack Obama had decided to go with America’s most popular and watched judge as his Supreme Court nomination. Judge Judy has been chosen to replace the recently deceased Antonin Scalia to America’s highest court.

1 minute ago, little2add said:

Thank you for confirming by suspicions, Ken. :smokey:

18 hours ago, Amppax said:

see the last sentence of my previous post. No, he wouldn't. I think he'd agree with me in saying that. 

The same Constitutional lawyers  who approved  abortion rights, same sex marriage or the  School prayer debate...

they have made mistakes too

2 hours ago, little2add said:

The same Constitutional lawyers  who approved  abortion rights, same sex marriage or the  School prayer debate...

they have made mistakes too

No, I was thinking of constitutional lawyers/scholars like, um, Antonin Scalia. Speaking of, this is supposed to be a thread about him. If you'd like to debate you the nominee to the SCOTUS should be, or bash Obama for not attending Scalia's funeral, start a thread. As it is, you're just dishonoring his memory by being stubborn and obtuse. 

Here's a short tribute to Scalia to get this somewhat back on track: http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/antonin-scalia-rip. Or perhaps Justice Ginsburg's tribute to her "best buddy": 

Toward the end of the opera Scalia/Ginsburg, tenor Scalia and soprano Ginsburg sing a duet: "We are different, we are one," different in our interpretation of written texts, one in our reverence for the Constitution and the institution we serve. From our years together at the D.C. Circuit, we were best buddies. We disagreed now and then, but when I wrote for the Court and received a Scalia dissent, the opinion ultimately released was notably better than my initial circulation. Justice Scalia nailed all the weak spots — the "applesauce" and "argle bargle" — and gave me just what I needed to strengthen the majority opinion. He was a jurist of captivating brilliance and wit, with a rare talent to make even the most sober judge laugh. The press referred to his "energetic fervor," "astringent intellect," "peppery prose," "acumen," and "affability," all apt descriptions. He was eminently quotable, his pungent opinions so clearly stated that his words never slipped from the reader's grasp.

Justice Scalia once described as the peak of his days on the bench an evening at the Opera Ball when he joined two Washington National Opera tenors at the piano for a medley of songs. He called it the famous Three Tenors performance. He was, indeed, a magnificent performer. It was my great good fortune to have known him as working colleague and treasured friend.

Edited by Amppax
What happened to the fiddler?

7 hours ago, Amppax said:

No, I was thinking of constitutional lawyers/scholars like, um, Antonin Scalia. Speaking of, this is supposed to be a thread about him. If you'd like to debate you the nominee to the SCOTUS should be, or bash Obama for not attending Scalia's funeral, start a thread. As it is, you're just dishonoring his memory by being stubborn and obtuse. 

Here's a short tribute to Scalia to get this somewhat back on track: http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/antonin-scalia-rip. Or perhaps Justice Ginsburg's tribute to her "best buddy": 

Sorry

I meant no disrespect for justice Scalia