An Old School Catholic Message Board

I think it's time...

veritasluxmea

veritasluxmea

Still waiting on the last part of the application. :sleep: It was kind of nice in a way to be waiting during Holy Week, it struck me as poetic and made it easier to join on the way of the cross. As Easter hit that quickly started to wear off and I felt more impatient about the whole situation and less united with the season. They (not the sisters, the person who has it) said it would be mailed last Monday... and it obviously wasn't. I'm not even sure it will arrive this week. I understand stuff happens but that strikes me as a little unprofessional. Oh well. At the end of the day, it's out of my control. I figure it will be resolved one way or another by the entrance date, either I'll be joining then or I won't, so I will know eventually, lol! So I'm glad to find that while I'm waiting I can still focus fully on the season, as He is still with me. I've settled in for the long wait and it brings me more joy to be focused on Him during the Easter season than how the application is going. 

Still, I am hopeful it will arrive this week...

6 minutes ago, veritasluxmea said:

I've settled in for the long wait

Uh oh, better prepare for a really long wait then. Just look at vee, I mean I'm pretty sure DS is sick of waiting and has given up all hope of pushing her through the turn!

(No offense intended to you @vee I'm just trying to cheer up veritas  :blowkiss:You're both in my prayers!)

Im sick of waiting too!  I cant begin to describe the roller coaster its been and continues to be!  I sent my application back a year ago, just needing one thing to be resolved and thinking that would be settled sooner than later.  Nope. 

veritasluxmea
12 hours ago, vee said:

Im sick of waiting too!  I cant begin to describe the roller coaster its been and continues to be!  I sent my application back a year ago, just needing one thing to be resolved and thinking that would be settled sooner than later.  Nope. 

That's rough :( What are you still waiting on? 

In a general spiritual sense Im waiting for God to say its time.  Practically speaking though, I am an executor of a will and waiting on one more thing to be issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency to say the deceased taxes are done and they will never bother us about them again!

TheresaThoma
8 hours ago, vee said:

In a general spiritual sense Im waiting for God to say its time.  Practically speaking though, I am an executor of a will and waiting on one more thing to be issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency to say the deceased taxes are done and they will never bother us about them again!

Oh dear.... That has to be frustrating.

veritasluxmea
On 3/31/2016, 8:59:26, vee said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I especially can relate to the bold. 

Heard from them today, the application's finished. Should hear back in a week or so. I'm confident it will work out, but it's ok if it doesn't- I'm nervous and happy at the same time. :sleep: Looking forward to the feast of Divine Mercy this Sunday! 

veritasluxmea

Well... Happy Feast of the Annunciation! 

I heard back from the sisters today- I was accepted!!!! :nun2::shocking::dance:

All of today that has been amazing- I can't believe it, it's so real, my heart is so full. I was getting a little nervous this weekend but... I just don't regret the steps I've taken with this community. Before I received the news, I realized that whatever direction it takes is an invitation to receive Him more deeply. Not having the application work out would HURT terribly, but that's normal, it's ok. I just know He is always with me and inviting me to deeper communion with Him, always and in every circumstance. I just have been through much in life and that is what He has taught me. Someone once told me many saints have been formed outside the convent, and that sums up what I mean much more concisely. I told the Lord this is what I want, and I feel He wants me to do this, but if it doesn't work out- I would be SO HURT but I know He would move to me through my hurt. (It's hard to explain, but oftentimes things happen that aren't God's direct will- like sin- and the consequences aren't His direct will, but in His mercy He brings it into His redemption story, into our story. idk how to explain it, it has to be lived. and I'm getting off track.) Anyways, I actually started to look forward to whatever decision was made just so I could find Him more fully. 

Anyways, today is the feast of the Annunciation. I've heard some homilies and viewpoints about how Mary stepped out and made a sacrifice to bring Jesus into the world, which is true. But when you think about what she was saying yes to, how could you not make the same decision? It was basically God giving Himself to her in the fullest way possible on earth. I can't even imagine. A few conversations I've had have been about what I'm leaving behind or how hard taking this step is. And on some level that's true, I do love my friends and home and am naturally sad to leave them. But really, I'm just getting to receive the Lord on a deeper level, so receive Him more fully. How... how could I not? If He is offering this to me, I want to say yes in the fullest way possible... I pray that He will bring it to fulfillment in me. 

I won't have a phone, social media, or internet in the convent. Letters only! Hard to grasp what's actually happening, I can only take it one day at a time, lol. But I have a deep peace. 

Edited by veritasluxmea

This is wonderful news............ congratulations. !!

Many prayers as you prepare for your entrance..:nun1::nun1:

FlowerofCarmel

Ah Yes! The Nashville Dominicans are a lovely thriving order.

Congratulations! Prayers for your continuous discernment.

veritasluxmea

Thank you! Put in my day of leave at work and figured out when I'm moving home. I have a rough plan for covering the stuff that needs to get done before entrance and need to finalize stuff like plane tickets. I can't wait to see my family. I've started to really internalize the fact that I'm moving into the convent, and I can't wait to see the sisters :love: 

I'm pulling away from social media and won't be on phatmass much after this post. I'll check in a few times before I enter. I've been praying about it and think I need to start focusing on other things in my life for now. I don't mind if another phatmasser posts about me in the future, that's ok with me. Please continue pray for me as I prepare to start this way of life, and afterwords that I can fully live out God's will. I've been holding the community and all your intentions in my prayers and will continue to do so. God bless you all. 

Sister Leticia

You're preparing to embark on an amazing adventure, and you do so with all our blessings and prayers.