An Old School Catholic Message Board

Racist Republican Party

11 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Not particularly, but it is a start.

I noticed that about you 

Cheer up  :) 

16 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

The libertarian party has never formed government in Canada. Or even won a single seat in the house, I would wager.

Here is the problem: if you are going to claim faithfulness to Church teaching, in particular the infallibility of tradition and the competency of the magisterium to teach on social issues, from this perspective the anarcho-capitalist position does not hold up to scrutiny. Ultimately you have to either abandon some fundamental an-cap points, or you will have to deny Church teaching. At a fundamental level they are irreconcilable. What it comes down to is that the Church teaches and has always taught that there does exist a natural right for a state to exist and to govern. You have claimed that all states are inherently evil. Either the Church has taught error, or you have.

Or the usage of "state" is quite different. The documents you so recently read and were quite surprised by are nothing new to me, and I find, when taken in its totality, that Church teaching in no way stands in contradiction to the moral and political positions of anarchy. I entered anarchy from the perspective of a Catholic, and the more I learn of history, the more I understand the disparity between "state" as used by the Church in various documents (being translations of course causes issues) and "state" as it is understood in the modern sense.

Within the Church, there have been varying differences of opinion on the matter of regicide. I could decide that one party or the other is heretical, or I could go with the more likely position that some forms of rule are legitimate. As an anarchist, I do not have to reject all forms of rule, but only that rule must be consented to (in the sense of general governance, not in the sense of obeying the common law, which all must do. I guess we could call it the "rule of law" as opposed to the rule of men--which I submit is the current model of nearly every state). Not all anarchists would agree. There are those who reject all society as contrary to individualism. There are even those who set up a model of behavior that I believe rejects the NAP. 

Following Gerard Casey, I've taken the term "libertarian anarchist". 

Nihil Obstat

The Church has taught very clearly that legitimate rule does not need to be consented to.

On March 21, 2016 at 7:52:48 PM, Hasan said:

I think that Ronald Reagan really began the process of the Republican Party recruiting highly racist former Democrats and Independents. But some people think that it began earlier. What do you think?

Both parties submit to  lobbyist and have sold there souls for pieces of silver.  

I think it's simply more race-baiting bs - the resort of leftist Dem shills bereft of any substantive ideas or arguments.  ("They gonna put y'all back in chains!")

The Democratic Party has far more blatant racism in its history than the GOP, but that's conveniently ignored.

Of course, I've yet to see libs explain exactly what policy of Reagan (or any other modern Republican president for that matter) was in fact so horribly racist.

Somehow, we're supposed to get all fired up to go out and vote for Hillary or whomever, on the thought that there might be racists out there somewhere who vote Republican.

However, as others alluded to, both the Democratic Party's policies and its national platform actively and blatantly support the murder of unborn children.  That's not an opinion or a conspiracy theory, but obvious fact.

Also the Dem Party does not in fact take a libertarian position on abortion or anything else.  They're not content to simply allow the killing of babies in the womb, but demand that others be forced by the federal government to subsidize this killing and the organizations which perform this murder.  (And there are pro-life libertarians, for whatever that's worth.)

On 3/24/2016, 12:50:41, Winchester said:

The libertarian view of abortion? I've got one, and it rules out abortion.

If I invite someone onto my property, I cannot then dismember that person at will. flooping is an invitation to a fetus. It's not a perfect analogy. But I'm drunk.

If someone trespasses on your property and leaves a baby at your doorstep, you cannot dismember the baby at will, either, for that matter.

The basic human right to life is not dependent on property rights or any such other extrinsic factors.  It's even more basic and fundamental.

But what the heck do I know?  I'm a dirty statist.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016‎ ‎8‎:‎34‎:‎53‎, little2add said:

the racist Democrat party of the USA and racist Liberal Party of Canada are one in the same

Current Democratic Party is not racist, you silly sally

14 hours ago, Socrates said:

I think it's simply more race-baiting bs - the resort of leftist Dem shills bereft of any substantive ideas or arguments.  ("They gonna put y'all back in chains!")

The Democratic Party has far more blatant racism in its history than the GOP, but that's conveniently ignored.

Of course, I've yet to see libs explain exactly what policy of Reagan (or any other modern Republican president for that matter) was in fact so horribly racist.

Somehow, we're supposed to get all fired up to go out and vote for Hillary or whomever, on the thought that there might be racists out there somewhere who vote Republican.

However, as others alluded to, both the Democratic Party's policies and its national platform actively and blatantly support the murder of unborn children.  That's not an opinion or a conspiracy theory, but obvious fact.

Also the Dem Party does not in fact take a libertarian position on abortion or anything else.  They're not content to simply allow the killing of babies in the womb, but demand that others be forced by the federal government to subsidize this killing and the organizations which perform this murder.  (And there are pro-life libertarians, for whatever that's worth.)

1-It's not ignored. The Republican party used to be the clearly more progressive party in race. Unfortunately, the Conservative movement made the GOP its home and now it's just a party that has pandered to racists for most of my life.

2-Not racists out there somewhere. The single largest voting plurality in your party.

3-The Democratic Party can be wrong on Abortion. That has nothing to do with the Republican Party being racist.

4-Haha your nominee is probably Donald Trump.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016‎ ‎12‎:‎47‎:‎57‎, little2add said:

Both parties submit to  lobbyist and have sold there souls for pieces of silver.  

Sure. There aren't any clean hands in politics. But I'd rather throw my lot in with the party that treats racism as a real issue, redistributes wealth to the poor and working class, and is social liberal.

Edited by Hasan

A human fetus is a person.    if you intentionally, willfully or support the ending of said life you are a  racist and a humanophobe   

2 hours ago, little2add said:

A human fetus is a person.    if you intentionally, willfully or support the ending of said life you are a  racist and a humanophobe   

Hehehe

Edited by Hasan

On 4/4/2016, 12:29:15, Hasan said:

1-It's not ignored. The Republican party used to be the clearly more progressive party in race. Unfortunately, the Conservative movement made the GOP its home and now it's just a party that has pandered to racists for most of my life.

2-Not racists out there somewhere. The single largest voting plurality in your party.

3-The Democratic Party can be wrong on Abortion. That has nothing to do with the Republican Party being racist.

4-Haha your nominee is probably Donald Trump.

1- You seem pretty upset about this supposed GOP racism, as you can't shut up about it, so they must have some pretty horrible racist policies.  Perhaps you'd care to inform us of a few of these horrific racial atrocities the elephants have inflicted on us, so we can share your righteous outrage and join your beloved Jackass Party.

(And most people in the actual conservative movement support Cruz over Trump.  Not that you'd know or care.)  

Are most GOP politicians spineless cowards lacking principle?  Yes.  Racist?  Not so much

2- An outright lie with no backing in reality (as is most of the bilge you vomit up here).

3- Perhaps not, but you have to admit it's pretty damned hypocritical to enthusiastically support a party that directly supports the serious evil of killing unborn persons, while having a moralistic hissy fit against the other party on vague and nebulous charges of "racism."

4- Your nominee is probably Hillary Clinton, though I find little amusing about that sad travesty.