An Old School Catholic Message Board

is Hasan racist

little2add

Tu quoque

Most people just don't care that much about race anymore. My kids barely notice someone's complexion. They go to school with hispanic, white, indian, oriental and black kids and nobody gives a who. 
There is a ways to go, of course, and yes, Black racism is alive and well, but so is class envy.  the idea that somehow we are still living in a "Guess who's coming to dinner" era, let alone a Gone with the Wind era, is plainly wrong. 
Change takes place slowly, and we all want to see change quickly as our lives are not that long, but a lot has changed since the 1960s. To see that gay marriage is legal now in many places in the US, and that euthansia is on the books in several jurisdictions, is nothing short of flabbergasting. And so are the changes in race relationships.

Class envy is a bigger problem.  Financial success is not a bad thing.  

Class envy is a far greater evil than racism in the upcoming election

What's funny is that the winner of presidential election  is or will be the politician with the biggest  purse, of all the candidates Trump is spending the least

money, money, money talks

Recent indications from deep-pocketed institutional investors as well as those who frequent prediction markets say Hillary Clintonwill win. And it's not close. 

More than 70 percent of respondents to a recent Citigroup poll of institutional clients viewed the former secretary of state, first lady and New York senator as the likely 45th president.

Hillary 

the best Canadate money can buy (satire) 

Edited by little2add

Nihil Obstat
8 minutes ago, little2add said:

money, money, money talks

Recent indications from deep-pocketed institutional investors as well as those who frequent prediction markets say Hillary Clintonwill win. And it's not close. 

More than 70 percent of respondents to a recent Citigroup poll of institutional clients viewed the former secretary of state, first lady and New York senator as the likely 45th president.

Hillary 

the best Canadate money can buy (satire) 

Stop plagiarizing content.

31 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Stop plagiarizing content.

Copying stistics is not plagiarizing and even if it was you should got over it   

why don't you stop with your pointless diatribe 

Nihil Obstat
24 minutes ago, little2add said:

Copying stistics is not plagiarizing and even if it was you should got over it   

why don't you stop with your pointless diatribe 

You cut and pasted those lines. I found the original source. That is plagiarism.

41 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

You cut and pasted those lines. I found the original source. That is plagiarism.

I will cut and paste any opinion in the public domain, as I please.

if you don't approve, sue me

Nihil Obstat
17 minutes ago, little2add said:

It is not public domain.

12 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

It is not public domain.

Are your words on this site,   copyrighted?

Mine aren't 

Nihil Obstat
24 minutes ago, little2add said:

Are your words on this site,   copyrighted?

Mine aren't 

The sentences you plagiarized are copyrighted. Presumably by CNBC and Jeff Cox, which is the person you plagiarized.

Call the FBI

In the polling places and on the airwaves, there remains a high level of uncertainty about who will be the next president. 

Nihil Obstat

Moderators/admins, would you mind clarifying the Phatmass policy on plagiarizing of content from other sources?

Moderators/admins, would you please clarify the Phatmass policy on plagiarizing of content from other sources

Edited by little2add

bardegaulois
1 hour ago, little2add said:

It's not really so much about copyright issues so much as it is the taking of credit for work that you didn't do. Had you provided a link or some other sort of citation, this wouldn't be plagiarism. The use of statistics researched by others or the ideas of others, even their exact words if reasonably limited, is fine so long as the source is credited.

I work as a writing tutor so I deal with this matter all the time. This is plagiarism. If you add a source, though, it won't be.