An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Come in and go out"

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

"Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture."

Today, 18th. April, The Gospel continues in the theme of The Good Shepherd (Sunday's Gospel).  The above line from The Gospel really spoke to me in a 'louder' manner.  My vocation is marked by being out and about in the general community as my particular (but not only) mission - and in the words "go out and find pasture", they spoke to me about my mission to be out and about however, wherever, whenever........and finding rest in all the diversity, problems and even confusion in which I can find myself........confusion and problems to myself as well, not only that of others.  The quote above underscores for me that I will find pasture (and have) not only in The Church and Her ways or culture - but out in the general community as well.  I would find my home and rest in both and in a quite smooth sort of manner.  Psalm 27: "Teach me thy way, Lord, and lead me in an even path"

At Easter, what always speaks loudest and has for many years is what Jesus says to the two Mary's as they hasten off to tell the disciples what the angel had said to them - that Jesus would go ahead of them into Galilee.  On the way, Jesus appears to them: "Then Jesus said to them: Fear not. Go, tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, there they shall see me."    Galilee was the most pagan of the Jewish Provinces and Galilee has always represented for me my mission into the general community as an ordinary member of the general community........ and where I would find Jesus.   I wonder why the angel and then Jesus both give the same message to convey?  I wonder if the two Mary's on their way to deliver the message to the disciples started to doubt the veracity of their understanding of the message - and so Jesus actually appears to them repeating and underscoring that very same message?

It seems to me appropriate that Jesus should be Galilean - a member of a largely pagan community in a Jewish Province.  The whole world is the Province of Jesus broken up into smaller provinces - while largely all is probably quite pagan.

Shared all that because most often I can put things together (finding the ends and bringing them together) sitting at a keyboard writing to someone - and this way it all makes sense (to me:smile4:) and is internalised.