An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Clare RIP

DameAgnes

Sister Clare Crockett died along with five others after a stairwell collapsed in the school where she worked in Playa Prieta in the western province of Manabi. 

The 33-year-old’s order, the Servant Sisters of the Home of the Mother, said she was killed along with five Ecuadorian postulants - women who are in the early stages of becoming a nun - when the quake struck.

The five dead postulants were named by the Order as Jazmina, Mayra, Maria Augusta, Valeria and Catalina.

Sr Clare, from the Brandywell area of Londonderry in Northern Ireland, taught music to 400 children at the Colegio Sagrada Familia school.

1-7.jpg

BarbTherese

Prayer for all those deceased and/or suffering because of the earthquake especially.  Prayer for Sr Clare and the postulants in a special way - sisters of ours tighter than blood -  because it is an good and acceptable act.  But like the priest who was kidnapped and murdered, I am more confidently inclined to ask them to pray for us from Heaven.

I cannot imagine anyone who dies when about the work of God, totally dedicated in life to God and His works amongst the poor and suffering would do anything but go immediately to Heaven, all forgiven if needs be.  Not that my imagination has any sort of infallibility ............ except for me alone on this score!:o