An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mother Angelica, One Month Passed

DameAgnes

Aww the pic, and I had to laugh because Raymond Arroyo comes in  in the comments to say "Ah, dear Elizabeth, Mother Angelica's last days and years top even Godden.  And her last words are worth remembering.  Stay tuned.  May 17th is coming..."

At the end of the televised funeral / interment service just before he signed off, Raymond Arroyo was speaking of Mother and he said a prayer that Mother either always prayed or prayed with him....I can't remember, but it was beautiful. Did anyone see that and know what that prayer is?  I was thinking of emailing him about it.  

Found it: Extemplary prayer Mother offered at the end of one of her shows and he ended one of the books he edited for Mother: 

Since there is no more time and I may not pass this way again, I will ask the Spirit to touch your hearts and teach you all those marvelous things, how to live in the present moment, how to be at peace when distress is assailing you, how to love when you don't feel loved, how to always commune with God in the depths of your soul and how to bear those beautiful gifts of the Spirit always. I love you and God loves you more than you know. 

www.blog.texasnuns.com   If you go to the blog of the Texas nuns, you will see some beautiful photos of Mother's body/casket inside the enclosure in Hanceville.  The pics with the nuns are beautiful and very moving.......glimpses of things we wouldn't normally see and were not broadcast on TV.  

Thank you Francis Clare. I've been watching her early episodes of her show. She truly had a gift