An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hail Mary

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

May the love of Christ guide you in the pathway of peace and good will toward all peoples.

This is a little ditty for all those who don't know and those wishing to know how to explain to other christian denominations and others who are interested as to one reason why we as Catholic Christians have such reverence for the Holy Mother.

Ok here tis...

Holy Scripture says " The angel declared unto Mary, " Hail Full of Grace you have found favor with the LORD." According to my knowledge and understanding the you only hailed a governor or ceaser, it was always about recognising a higher position in the hierarchy of the Roman empire. So supposedly the Angel is actually saluting Mary as holding a higher office and the general thinking of some believers is that you only hail God though obviously the angels don't. Now for all the teolgian buzzards out there, lol, here is the tricky bit. The angle declares " full of Grace you have found favor with the LORD." Is it that she found favor and received Grace or found favor with the LORD by accepting that Grace. This is said before she says " be it done unto me according to thy word," so even before she conceived our LORD she was par excellence. I see her as the chosen one before all time and if she was not than some how she has earned this favor which goes contrary to most protestant theology where one can not earn favor and that it is given, though scripture seems to hint cleary that perhaps we can earn eternal life in Romans 2:6-8

Who will render to every man according to his works.

To them indeed, who according to patience in good work, seek glory and honour and incorruption, eternal life:

But to them that are contentious, and who obey not the truth, but give credit to iniquity, wrath and indignation.

Aight sheep chew chew chew on this and debate but not argue. :)

God is Good, God is Love.

Jesus iz LORD!

Onward Christian souls.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Another point revealed to me last night is the argument that mary was a sinner because Jesus rebuked her when he was found in the temple. My understanding of the word rebuke biblicaly and not dictionary though perhaps my meaning is in there is that rebuke doesn't always mean the admonishment of sin but can also mean humble instruction or a directive(pointing in the right direction). And Mary didn't know as far as i'm aware that Jesus was God but that he was Son of the most high as the angel told her and many prophets where known as son of the most high as far as im aware but i do know for certain i think that King david was known as son of the most high. So Perhaps Jesus is not admonishing sin but giving humble instruction.

:) God is Good.

https://youtu.be/QHcjr9Xx4KM

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Where does holy scripture or sacred tradition state that the Holy mother knew that Jesus was God?

On 5/3/2016, 11:39:46, Nihil Obstat said:

Yes she knew Jesus was God. No she did not sin.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

what game bro? I'm asking you a str8 question, give me a lesson, either from holy scripture or sacred tradition. If you can't that is ok, it just means many of us remain in the dark upon the posing question or we assume you where wrong and sometimes talk out your nose. lol. :)

either way i'm cool, i'd really like to see the proof of your statement that mary knew Jesus was God prior to finding him in the temple and if you don't know just say i don't know, i don't know is a sign of intelligence if now after all i have said you have doubts or can't find the documents that state that she did. If you don't know that is cool, no one can know everything, and an i don't know would be appreciated if you don't so as not to lead anyone in the wrong direction. :)

I understand if you find that you are wrong on this matter that you where not lying or being deliberately misleading and just mistaken, all good bruh we all make mistakes. But if you are correct all good also, and remember i have not said you are wrong on this matter.