An Old School Catholic Message Board

Game of Thrones: The Official Phatmass Thread

Laudate_Dominum

As a fan of both fantasy and medieval stories, and with a general interest in intrigue, I love GoT.  It mixes all that nicely into one huge story. And dragons, just the fact that there are fire breathing dragons that can be ridden and used to conquer Westeros must be a plus by itself, right?  

• 2 weeks later...
veritasluxmea

I said I was done with this thread but then I heard this song 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riEP7ni0Ejk&list=PLDfKAXSi6kUY50xiAnrj2HNUnx_7fX8Mr 

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, xSilverPhinx said:

Anybody here watch it? What do you think?:popcorn2:

I did, for the first season at least. However, there were just too many gratuitous sex scenes and too much violence. I still read the books, though I'm only partway into the second. 

xSilverPhinx
4 minutes ago, Amppax said:

I did, for the first season at least. However, there were just too many gratuitous sex scenes and too much violence. I still read the books, though I'm only partway into the second. 

The first season was the best IMO. First book as well.  

I am!   Its moving so fast now, its a little disappointing as it's about action, less about character development and change. 

I called it on the Ice Dragon last season.   It would have been to easy.    I also am also saying Jamie will kill Cersi and only Brianne will understand the real reason why and respect him for it.  

The show DOES have gratuitous obscenity and regular vulgarity.

I dont let that stand in the way of an intriguing story and interesting characters.   The books are way better, but the show is still tremendous.  

Edited by Anomaly