An Old School Catholic Message Board

To prefer nothing to Christ

Sister Leticia

Sister Leticia

The English Benedictines (male and female) have made this video about their vocation. It's quite simple and quite lovely

(NB: those who were discussing weaving and spinning habit material in another thread can look out for a 2 second clip of nuns weaving)

https://player.vimeo.com/video/153230236

Btw, I tried embedding the video, but with no luck. How do the rest of you manage it?

Edited by Sister Leticia
amend link to video

Thanks for posting, Sister...it is a lovely video.  It's also great to see shots of the "new" eco-friendly Stanbrook Abbey.

On 5/1/2016, 6:24:35, Sister Leticia said:

The English Benedictines (male and female) have made this video about their vocation. It's quite simple and quite lovely

(NB: those who were discussing weaving and spinning habit material in another thread can look out for a 2 second clip of nuns weaving)

https://player.vimeo.com/video/153230236

Btw, I tried embedding the video, but with no luck. How do the rest of you manage it?

I don't think Vimeo videos will embed. They have to be from YouTube. Unless you use a Vimeo embed code straight off their website. Sometimes it's tricky figuring out which one to use in the phorum, though.

Sister Leticia

Thanks Gabriela. I suppose as long as people look at the video it doesn't matter whether it's embedded or not.

enitharmon

Thank you for posting this video.

I actually prefer if videos are not embedded. A thread with a a handful of embedded videos is very painful to read on an old computer like mine!