An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Romance of Religious Life

Dominican.Nuns.Menlo

Dominican.Nuns.Menlo

Hello Everyone!

Introducing myself...I'm Sister Joseph Marie and I've been away from the Phatmass station for awhile...due to some technical challenges...

I'm back and wish to share with you this first blog post of a series that will give those interested in religious life some ideas into the process of discernment. Well, actually, the series will give even those who are not thinking of religious life some ideas into what the process of discernment is all about. It's worth some reading and sharing!

God bless!

http://nunsmenlo.org/the-romance-of-religious-life-part-1-of-7/

Religious-life-is-a-divine-romance-P1090the-romance-of-religious-life-part-1-of-

Dominican.Nuns.Menlo
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎2‎:‎48‎:‎23‎, andibc said:

Wonderful!  I just shared it on facebook.

Thanks Andibc! Hope to be able to post the next one soon!

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎3‎:‎27‎:‎31‎, DominicanHeart said:

Yay!!!

Double Yay for the warm welcome!

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎6‎:‎02‎:‎11‎, AveMariaPurissima said:

Glad to see you back Sister!! :):heart:

Thank you AveMariaPurissima. Coming back is much easier than I thought!

Thank you for all the encouragement and the warm welcome-back you all gave me. :) 

Even though I couldn't get on Phatmass for awhile, I remembered you all in my thoughts and prayers. After being the vocation directress for a short few years, I've learned a wonderful lesson...that I'm so very blessed to accompany the young people on their search for more intimate union with God and their desire to give their ALL for the glory of God! It is amesome to see a young person finally found her place in the heart of the Church in various Orders. We're so blessed to have so many enthusiastic young people who are thirsting for God and want to love Him more!!!

May God be praised!!!

Dominican.Nuns.Menlo

So here is the second part to the series to help those discerning religious life more information on the 'what', 'how', 'when', 'why', etc... We make the posts short and straight to the point so as not to scare people off :).

Enjoy and please give comments and feedback so that we know how to help those discerning hearts in their search for God!

http://nunsmenlo.org/the-romance-of-religious-life-part-2-of-7/

Recreation-with-Nuns-IMG_1195.jpg?w=600

• 2 weeks later...
On Tue May 03 2016 20:44:47 GMT-0700, Dominican.Nuns.Menlo said:

Thanks Andibc! Hope to be able to post the next one soon!

Double Yay for the warm welcome!

Thank you AveMariaPurissima. Coming back is much easier than I thought!

Thank you for all the encouragement and the warm welcome-back you all gave me. :) 

Even though I couldn't get on Phatmass for awhile, I remembered you all in my thoughts and prayers. After being the vocation directress for a short few years, I've learned a wonderful lesson...that I'm so very blessed to accompany the young people on their  for more intimate union with God and their desire to give their ALL for the glory of God! It is amesome to see a young person finally found her place in the heart of the Church in various Orders. We're so blessed to have so many enthusiastic young people who are thirsting for God and want to love Him more!!!

May God be praised!!!

You mentioned "Young" 3 times! 

What advice can you give "Mature" discerners,  who are searching "for more intimate union with God and their desire to give their ALL for the glory of God!"?

Not everyone is within that targeted age group of 18-35

Thank you 

Thank you Sister for sharing these. .I'm  looking forward seeing the  remaining articles. God Bless you all at Menlo.

Dominican.Nuns.Menlo
19 hours ago, nikita92 said:

You mentioned "Young" 3 times! 

What advice can you give "Mature" discerners,  who are searching "for more intimate union with God and their desire to give their ALL for the glory of God!"?

Not everyone is within that targeted age group of 18-35

Thank you 

Hi Nikita92!

Oh, didn't realize I've put 'young' that many times in such short article! In any case, we can give our ALL to God in many different ways, first of all by living our lives faithfully. We'll see if we can do a few blog posts to help "Mature" discerners. Do you have any areas or questions that you'd like us to focus on?

In the meantime, I just recently saw a post that was shared by Sponsa-Christi on the topic of a 'missed vocation' and thought it was very good! You may want to check it out.  http://yellowpelican.net/feeling-drawn-to-religious-life-a-married-womans-reflection-on-the-fear-of-a-missed-vocation/

God bless!

Sister Joseph Marie

Check out our third post on The Romance of Religious Life. The photos for this short blog post were an excellent depiction of the daily life of the Dominican Nuns in the cloister. You can see the camaraderie of sisters (and aspirants) working together on projects. 
Enjoy! And feel free to leave feedback, comments or questions.

http://nunsmenlo.org/the-romance-of-religious-life-part-3-of-7/

Harvest-of-Oranges-IMG_4816-1.jpg?w=600

Edited by Dominican.Nuns.Menlo

• 3 weeks later...
Dominican.Nuns.Menlo

This is part 4 of 7 mini posts we've written to help those interested in religious life with their discernment. Please share and pray for those who heard the call to serve the Lord in a special way. Please keep in your prayer also our upcoming discernment day in July.

(Pictured here was our Sister Postulant who recently received her habit and a beautiful religious name on the Feast of the Visitation!)

http://nunsmenlo.org/the-romance-of-religious-life-part-4-of-7/

Postulancy - Take up your cross IMG_5087

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...